Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DM-Obsidian

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    From the images, the map colours seem kinda flat. Would it be possible to bump up the contrast and saturation a bit for some of those textures? Everything's kinda drab. Cool looking map otherwise though.
    My maps: DM-Incomplete | DM-Archives | DM-Foundry | DM-Sewage

    Comment


      #32
      Originally posted by ConradJustin View Post
      Map has amazing feel and theme to it! Very well done, sir!
      Could you please recook it, man? I wish to play it and I am certain other people do as well! (Don't care if it's size is above 100 MB, or 200 or even 300!)
      Thanks! I will get on it when I get home from work
      Win 10
      iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
      3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
      32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
      NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

      Maps:
      DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
      2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

      Comment


        #33
        Originally posted by ConradJustin View Post
        Map has amazing feel and theme to it! Very well done, sir!
        Could you please recook it, man? I wish to play it and I am certain other people do as well! (Don't care if it's size is above 100 MB, or 200 or even 300!)
        Updated https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArY9Ku5b20d6iDvTmOq3Wh0v6z3W
        Win 10
        iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
        3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
        32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
        NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

        Maps:
        DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
        2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

        Comment


          #34
          Version 07 here working with the newest build. https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArY9Ku5b20d6iDvTmOq3Wh0v6z3W
          Win 10
          iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
          3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
          32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
          NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

          Maps:
          DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
          2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

          Comment


            #35
            Originally posted by Darksteel View Post
            From the images, the map colours seem kinda flat. Would it be possible to bump up the contrast and saturation a bit for some of those textures? Everything's kinda drab. Cool looking map otherwise though.
            Thanks for the feedback Have a run around the map a bit and see.
            Win 10
            iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
            3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
            32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
            NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

            Maps:
            DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
            2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

            Comment


              #36
              Yo, Cool stuff. It has the feel of Outpost, no doubts about that. I like the spider webs touch and I think you could spread more of them around the map (some parts of it look new and shiny others have webs and dirt on them - slightly inconsistent). I find that those crooked jump-pads look cool although they not neccesairly work well. It's probably better to make them horizontal. They could be diagonal only if there is a niche in which players can jump only from one direction. In your case however players can approach those jump-pads from multiple angles and some angles are much harder then the others! Well thought layout, quite boxy and similar in some aspects to Outpost but overall very solid. I think the saturated feel is okey and fits the theme, occasionally you put some color variation on metal plates and lights which make up for monochromatic texture set. And lack of overwhelming colors actually draws players attention to the layout and structures without additional distractions.

              I'm not a huge fan of the metallic sound the bars give when you touch them. And when jumping around your map I realized that some doorways and hallways feel narrow and are hard to navigate. Nearby one of the crooked jump-pads there is a doorway with a high step, where players are forced to jump (coming from jump-pad side) and several other places, such as pipe catwalks or metal panels on the ground which are not clipped and obstruct the movement.

              Good job doing the industrial theme outside (metal beams and plates, concrete and dirty glass in the windows). After some thoughts I think I enjoyed the outside area more. It feels less hectic and has great design!

              C'mon man, give us a chance, will ya?
              For maps and drawings visit: conradjustin.com

              Comment


                #37
                Originally posted by ConradJustin View Post
                Yo, Cool stuff. It has the feel of Outpost, no doubts about that. I like the spider webs touch and I think you could spread more of them around the map (some parts of it look new and shiny others have webs and dirt on them - slightly inconsistent). I find that those crooked jump-pads look cool although they not neccesairly work well. It's probably better to make them horizontal. They could be diagonal only if there is a niche in which players can jump only from one direction. In your case however players can approach those jump-pads from multiple angles and some angles are much harder then the others! Well thought layout, quite boxy and similar in some aspects to Outpost but overall very solid. I think the saturated feel is okey and fits the theme, occasionally you put some color variation on metal plates and lights which make up for monochromatic texture set. And lack of overwhelming colors actually draws players attention to the layout and structures without additional distractions.

                I'm not a huge fan of the metallic sound the bars give when you touch them. And when jumping around your map I realized that some doorways and hallways feel narrow and are hard to navigate. Nearby one of the crooked jump-pads there is a doorway with a high step, where players are forced to jump (coming from jump-pad side) and several other places, such as pipe catwalks or metal panels on the ground which are not clipped and obstruct the movement.

                Good job doing the industrial theme outside (metal beams and plates, concrete and dirty glass in the windows). After some thoughts I think I enjoyed the outside area more. It feels less hectic and has great design!

                C'mon man, give us a chance, will ya?
                Thanks for the feedback man! Much appreciated

                I will look into the jump pad problems. As for dirty clean look. I was trying to make it look like an abandoned building that's just been renovated for the tournaments by Liandi. It did have a lot more dirt originally, but the map size ended up over 300! So I had to remove a lot of it
                Win 10
                iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
                3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
                NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

                Maps:
                DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
                2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

                Comment


                  #38
                  I'm working on a new shell right now, as soon as I'm done I will start improving Obsidian
                  Win 10
                  iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
                  3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                  32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
                  NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

                  Maps:
                  DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
                  2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Any feedback or ideas on the visuals would be greatly appreciated
                    Win 10
                    iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
                    3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                    32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
                    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

                    Maps:
                    DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
                    2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Sorry for the late grab FX! and thank you for the update!
                      LoPing
                      Explosive High Voltage UT99

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Some great stuff going on there! There overall flow of the map is really nice. The only thing that bothered me is that everything just kinda looks a bit similar making it all look a bit dull. Also the outside part was rather large. Maybe tightening it all up a bit out there could make it better... or maybe that would ruin the map idk either way sweet map.

                        As for visuals im always a fan of clean and distinktive visuals as they make oriantation easier (not too much clutter around the map).

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Originally posted by Eode View Post
                          Some great stuff going on there! There overall flow of the map is really nice. The only thing that bothered me is that everything just kinda looks a bit similar making it all look a bit dull. Also the outside part was rather large. Maybe tightening it all up a bit out there could make it better... or maybe that would ruin the map idk either way sweet map.

                          As for visuals im always a fan of clean and distinktive visuals as they make oriantation easier (not too much clutter around the map).
                          Thanks for the feedback it much appreciated!
                          Win 10
                          iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
                          3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                          32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
                          NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

                          Maps:
                          DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
                          2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

                          Comment


                            #43
                            V8 here
                            Win 10
                            iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
                            3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                            32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
                            NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

                            Maps:
                            DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
                            2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

                            Comment


                              #44
                              BigUp for the update effects69! I hope the replays are helping you out!
                              LoPing
                              Explosive High Voltage UT99

                              Comment


                                #45
                                Originally posted by ÐutchSmºke View Post
                                BigUp for the update effects69! I hope the replays are helping you out!
                                Cheers man! And yes, although I could do with some more
                                Win 10
                                iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
                                3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                                32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
                                NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

                                Maps:
                                DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
                                2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X