No announcement yet.

DM-Obsidian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the images, the map colours seem kinda flat. Would it be possible to bump up the contrast and saturation a bit for some of those textures? Everything's kinda drab. Cool looking map otherwise though.
    My maps: DM-Incomplete | DM-Archives | DM-Foundry | DM-Sewage

Comment

Originally posted by ConradJustin View Post
      Map has amazing feel and theme to it! Very well done, sir!
      Could you please recook it, man? I wish to play it and I am certain other people do as well! (Don't care if it's size is above 100 MB, or 200 or even 300!)
      Thanks! I will get on it when I get home from work
      Win 10
      iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
      3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
      32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
      NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

Maps:
      DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
      2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

Comment

Map has amazing feel and theme to it! Very well done, sir!
        Could you please recook it, man? I wish to play it and I am certain other people do as well! (Don't care if it's size is above 100 MB, or 200 or even 300!)
        Updated https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArY9Ku5b20d6iDvTmOq3Wh0v6z3W
        Win 10
        3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
        32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:
        DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
        2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

Comment

Version 07 here working with the newest build. https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArY9Ku5b20d6iDvTmOq3Wh0v6z3W
          Win 10
          3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
          32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

Originally posted by Darksteel View Post
            From the images, the map colours seem kinda flat. Would it be possible to bump up the contrast and saturation a bit for some of those textures? Everything's kinda drab. Cool looking map otherwise though.
            Thanks for the feedback Have a run around the map a bit and see.
            Win 10
            3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
            32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

Yo, Cool stuff. It has the feel of Outpost, no doubts about that. I like the spider webs touch and I think you could spread more of them around the map (some parts of it look new and shiny others have webs and dirt on them - slightly inconsistent). I find that those crooked jump-pads look cool although they not neccesairly work well. It's probably better to make them horizontal. They could be diagonal only if there is a niche in which players can jump only from one direction. In your case however players can approach those jump-pads from multiple angles and some angles are much harder then the others! Well thought layout, quite boxy and similar in some aspects to Outpost but overall very solid. I think the saturated feel is okey and fits the theme, occasionally you put some color variation on metal plates and lights which make up for monochromatic texture set. And lack of overwhelming colors actually draws players attention to the layout and structures without additional distractions.

I'm not a huge fan of the metallic sound the bars give when you touch them. And when jumping around your map I realized that some doorways and hallways feel narrow and are hard to navigate. Nearby one of the crooked jump-pads there is a doorway with a high step, where players are forced to jump (coming from jump-pad side) and several other places, such as pipe catwalks or metal panels on the ground which are not clipped and obstruct the movement.

Good job doing the industrial theme outside (metal beams and plates, concrete and dirty glass in the windows). After some thoughts I think I enjoyed the outside area more. It feels less hectic and has great design!

C'mon man, give us a chance, will ya?
              For maps and drawings visit: conradjustin.com

Comment

Yo, Cool stuff. It has the feel of Outpost, no doubts about that. I like the spider webs touch and I think you could spread more of them around the map (some parts of it look new and shiny others have webs and dirt on them - slightly inconsistent). I find that those crooked jump-pads look cool although they not neccesairly work well. It's probably better to make them horizontal. They could be diagonal only if there is a niche in which players can jump only from one direction. In your case however players can approach those jump-pads from multiple angles and some angles are much harder then the others! Well thought layout, quite boxy and similar in some aspects to Outpost but overall very solid. I think the saturated feel is okey and fits the theme, occasionally you put some color variation on metal plates and lights which make up for monochromatic texture set. And lack of overwhelming colors actually draws players attention to the layout and structures without additional distractions.

I'm not a huge fan of the metallic sound the bars give when you touch them. And when jumping around your map I realized that some doorways and hallways feel narrow and are hard to navigate. Nearby one of the crooked jump-pads there is a doorway with a high step, where players are forced to jump (coming from jump-pad side) and several other places, such as pipe catwalks or metal panels on the ground which are not clipped and obstruct the movement.

Good job doing the industrial theme outside (metal beams and plates, concrete and dirty glass in the windows). After some thoughts I think I enjoyed the outside area more. It feels less hectic and has great design!

C'mon man, give us a chance, will ya?
                Thanks for the feedback man! Much appreciated

I will look into the jump pad problems. As for dirty clean look. I was trying to make it look like an abandoned building that's just been renovated for the tournaments by Liandi. It did have a lot more dirt originally, but the map size ended up over 300! So I had to remove a lot of it
                Win 10
                3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

I'm working on a new shell right now, as soon as I'm done I will start improving Obsidian
                  Win 10
                  3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                  32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

Any feedback or ideas on the visuals would be greatly appreciated
                    Win 10
                    3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                    32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

Sorry for the late grab FX! and thank you for the update!
                      LoPing
                      Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

Some great stuff going on there! There overall flow of the map is really nice. The only thing that bothered me is that everything just kinda looks a bit similar making it all look a bit dull. Also the outside part was rather large. Maybe tightening it all up a bit out there could make it better... or maybe that would ruin the map idk either way sweet map.

As for visuals im always a fan of clean and distinktive visuals as they make oriantation easier (not too much clutter around the map).

Comment

Originally posted by Eode View Post
                          Some great stuff going on there! There overall flow of the map is really nice. The only thing that bothered me is that everything just kinda looks a bit similar making it all look a bit dull. Also the outside part was rather large. Maybe tightening it all up a bit out there could make it better... or maybe that would ruin the map idk either way sweet map.

As for visuals im always a fan of clean and distinktive visuals as they make oriantation easier (not too much clutter around the map).
                          Thanks for the feedback it much appreciated!
                          Win 10
                          3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                          32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

V8 here
                            Win 10
                            3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                            32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

BigUp for the update effects69! I hope the replays are helping you out!
                              LoPing
                              Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

Originally posted by ÐutchSmºke View Post
                                BigUp for the update effects69! I hope the replays are helping you out!
                                Cheers man! And yes, although I could do with some more
                                Win 10
                                3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                                32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

Working...
                                X