• started a topic CTF-Infiltrate

CTF-Infiltrate

Download: Map, Readme
    Players: 2 - 4
    Version: 1.2
    Released: 01-06-2019
    WinMD5: 20ec7e108ca81fcc058e3cb502d71696

Story / Histoire:

Designed for 2 to 4 players, Infiltrate is a place where your skills will be put to the test. Agility and rapidity will make you a winner... or else, a loser.

Conçue pour 2 à 4 joueurs, Infiltrate est un endroit ou vos habiletés seront mis à l’épreuve. L'agilité et la rapidité feront de vous un vainqueur, sinon, un perdant.

Details:

I've create this map base on my own UT3 map. Remember, CTF-Mako? Layout, pickup placement, is practically the same. The biggest changes are that the lower level isn't submerge in water and there is 2 entrances on the upper level to the flag base. The theme is completely different too, I created a industrial theme. Most assets are from Epic Infiltrator demo. I had to redo all materials, materials functions in UT4 which is well, not easy and **** long to accomplish! I'm also restrained myself not to use to much assets from Infiltrator simply because the map size would be an issue since you must import meshes and textures into the map.

Custom content:

Materials: 69
    Material function: 13
    Material instance: 44
    Music: stock game track
    Static meshes: 92
    Textures: 81
    VFX: 2

Dev:

Remade post-process from scratch.
    Lighting changes (and perform full rebuild, production quality).

Small fixes (bv's, materials and such).

The final version of my second map for UT4. Compatible with the May 2017 build. THX for everyone who took the time to help me out or showing their support, encouragement in the WIP thread
    Last edited by Stevelois; 05-30-2019, 11:34 AM.

• replied
    Map as been updated. I’ve made several things which are :

1. Remade post-process.
    2. Lighting changes and performed a full rebuild, production quality.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by genthly View Post
    Wow man. Beautiful. Gonna play it today!
    Hé hé, THX Michael

The newer maps look even better

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wow man. Beautiful. Gonna play it today!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Great then, I won't have to fix de DM's

It as now been fixed

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It does not matter if we check it or not for DM maps; the setting is not parsed for DM maps in any gametypes/mutators of which I am aware.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ah,

THX for the info so the next update will include this fix

Also, it is the same for DM maps ? If it's problematic, I'll fix them all too.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The function is to swap bases after halftime, which is a boon for asymmetric maps. Players can still do a team swap/change without it enabled. Also, Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi,

Indeed, I activate the function "Allow Side Switching" so players can switch side when playing regardless the geometry of the map. I did that because I think that if the function in not activate, players won't be able to switch side? I'm only guessing.

But if it's a issue, I do not mind the disable the function the next time I'll update the map (when Epic will eventually release a game update so mappers will have to recook for the latest build, again and again...).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello. Some friends/clan-mates and I have enjoyed your map a few times, and it is nice to have another "reverse-ctf" choice in a normal CTF server instance. I've noticed you may have "Allow Side Switching" enabled in World Settings for what seems to be a symmetric map, and should not be necessary, unless I am missing something? This makes some team colored materials/lighting mismatch team flags/spawns in the second half. Just wanted to alert you of this in case it is an oversight, rather than a design choice.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Map as been updated.

Made various little things.

Still at v. 1.1.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    THX for the info

I've uploaded Delta without any issue.
    I've uploaded Infiltrate but for no reason, the media screen don't display the video correctly unless when you click play, it plays?
    Ay and Aryth are uploading right now. The site is extremely slow from my place

I guest it's a good thing to have 2 web places for the final maps.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Stevelois View Post
    THX

Is UTCC a server that is there to stay?

My maps are big and I don't want to upload them there if the server will be closing the next months in the contrary of my GoogeDrive if you know what I mean?

I'm pretty sure UTCC is here to stay,

the main developer, skandalouz is constantly updating the site and many HUB-Admins are using the sites' advantages.

you can also join their discord channel to stay up-to-date.

So, I'd suggest to keep your google-drive uploads, but also upload it on UTCC.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    THX

Is UTCC a server that is there to stay?

My maps are big and I don't want to upload them there if the server will be closing the next months in the contrary of my GoogeDrive if you know what I mean?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Stevelois View Post
    Made a vid for the map
    Great work.
    You really should upload your maps to UTCC, to spread the word

Leave a comment:

Working...
X