enlightenment .pak to Unreal Engine?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

enlightenment .pak to Unreal Engine?

Hello, I am very fresh with Unreal Engine on tinkering, so I hardly know myself.

Do not know if the question is appropriate or not but I still ask the question:

Is it possible for example.
    To somehow import Custom Maps as a .pak into the Unreal Engine?

I would like to be inspired and learn this way.
    Almost the map look and certain functions closer Examine.
    Otherwise, any idea you have, hardly implement if you do not know how to do that, Right?
    Last edited by PAL_GUN; 09-07-2018, 06:39 AM.

Not really think you need to have the .umap and file directories of materials/meshes used inside the map in order to look around other peoples maps in the editor apart from Epics existing ones which you can have a look around in.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________
    Me and my brothers maps:
    https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...ads-03-04-2017

Where are the ninja robots promised in UT3 trailer... plz lol.

Comment

if I load a .umap from extracted .pak (custom map) the application crashes
      Last edited by PAL_GUN; 09-07-2018, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Ye i dont think it works like that you need someone to give you both the .umap from the ut editor files and the folders that the materials and meshes are found by the editor. Most people only release thier .paks and thats mainly run in the game. Epics offical maps can be viewed in the ut editor in the map forlder of the restricted assets but getting just a random community map to see in the editor youd proabably have to persaude someone to copy thier original files.
        _____________________________________________________________________________________
        Me and my brothers maps:
        https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...ads-03-04-2017

Where are the ninja robots promised in UT3 trailer... plz lol.

Comment

I think the application crashes because the pak data are encrypted.

where do i add the custom maps to play them?

Comment

Working...
          X