Clear All

DM-Elik

Download: GoogleDrive, Readme
    Players: 2
    Version: 1.2
    Released: 29-06-2019
    WinMD5: e7c3c3b5c8db97341beadeda3dae059e

Story / Histoire:

Nestled in the caves of the Dakylian, this peaceful sanctuary was formerly that of Elik, one of the greatest sword fighter in the country of creatures of shadows. Then, LMC found him…

Niché au cœur des grottes du Dakylian, ce sanctuaire paisible était autrefois celui d’Elik, un des plus grand combatant à l’épée du pays des créatures d’ombres. Puis, LMC le trouva…

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Details:

One of my all time favorite UT map is DM-1on1-Alzonia by Slainchild. I’ve decided to make my own map based on his layout. Of course, it’s not a remake and few changes as been added to fits UT4 movements, like wall run and slope dodge and I added a new escape ramp near the Bio Rifle

DM-Elik is a duel focussed map so more than 2 players won’t be fun / balanced.

For DM-Elik, I’m using Epic Soul Cave assets. It was a extremely long process to import all static meshes into UT and recreate all materials functions, materials, materials instances from scratch. But, I must say that I’m very proud of the results

Custom content:

Materials: 19
    Material function: 9
    Material instance: 47
    Music: stock game track
    Static meshes: 51
    Textures: 46
    VFX: 6

Dev:

Enhance post-processing.

Fine tune post-process.
    Lighting changes (and perform full rebuild, production quality).
    Materials changes.
    Small static meshes tweaks.

First final release.

Credits:

ÐutchSmºke for his great help & support in the dev process.
    Epic for their free Soul: Cave assets.
    Nobiax for sharing his free plant meshes!
    Last edited by Stevelois; 06-29-2019, 09:42 PM.
    Stevie's corner
    Maps, DM-Dakylian, DM-Elik, DM-Akar, DM-Aryth, DM-Aly, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta
    Links, UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Ahh, linked to a new thread eh.
    BiGUp for share'n yet another finalized map with the rest of us mon ami! I'll be load'n it up shortly.
    LoPing
    Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

Saw your last match and I'm happy you like the final version

THX for your support m8!
      Stevie's corner

Comment

All due to your diligence mon ami.
        Yourself and your fellow mappers literally make my day.
        LoPing

Comment

You don't see members signature?

DM-Dakylian is in the WIP sub forums here
          Last edited by Stevelois; 03-25-2019, 05:21 PM.
          Stevie's corner

Comment

I do now.
            LoPing

Comment

Map as been updated. I’ve made several things which are :

1. Fine tune post-process.
              2. Lighting changes and performed a full rebuild, production quality.
              3. Various materials changes.
              Stevie's corner

Comment

Thank you for the update kind sir! I'll be reloading it up shortly.
                LoPing

Comment

Map as been updated.

Worked on the visuals. It look even better than before
                  Stevie's corner

Comment

Awesome to see this gem polished up to completion! I'll be reloading this beauty shortly.
                    LoPing

Comment

I have update my files. I need to retry this map asap. Maybe tonight.

Comment

I don't see the difference. Another good level. Good job again.

Comment

Originally posted by ÐutchSmºke View Post
                          Awesome to see this gem polished up to completion! I'll be reloading this beauty shortly.
                          Great

Originally posted by GMAK2442 View Post
                          I have update my files. I need to retry this map asap. Maybe tonight... I don't see the difference. Another good level. Good job again.
                          Ho, but there is one in texture rendering and material contrast. But, it's more subtle this time.

Also, to all players, I want the community to always play with the latest version. So even if the update is minimal, I'll release this update so you, this so call "UT4 community", who don't care btw, as always the best of the best version I can make. I want to be sure that server admins push the best of my work so the community can truly enjoy my works.

I like to share my maps instead of keeping them just for me, simple as that.
                          Stevie's corner

Comment

Working...
                          X