Clear All

DM-Coda

Download: GoogleDrive, UTCC, Readme
    Players: 8 - 12
    Version: 1.0
    Released: 27-03-2020
    WinMD5: 71e2be82ccc91d022d8be63d5dbe8001

Story / Histoire:

Somewhere in the Varuth Sea, Coda is a research station on the various substances that make up this strangest sea. In addition, Cardanium, a chemical element present in very large quantities in the Varuth Sea, provides an ultra powerful energy source which crystallizes when it is extracted from the liquid. The crystals are then melted and modeled into rods.

Quelque part dans la mer des Varuth, Coda est une station de recherches sur les diverses substances qui composent cette mer des plus étranges. En outre, le Cardanium, élément chimique présent en très grande quantité dans la mer des Varuth, procure une source d’énergie ultra puissante qui se cristallise lorsqu’il est extrait du liquide. Les cristaux sont par la suite fondus et modélisés en tiges.

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Installation

Put the files into ‘…\UnrealTournament\UnrealTournament\Content’ directory. If this folder is not currently on your system, you can safely create it.

Details

Feeling nostalgic, I've look at some old UT99 stock maps and I found one that I truly enjoyed playing 20 years ago... remember DM-Codex? To be clear, it's not a DM-Codex remake, I'm only look at the layout as a starting point. If you're looking for a very good remake, check MoxNix DM-Codex remake.

I’m reusing the Modular SciFi Season 1 Starter Bundle for this map and I also add many, many new assets I didn’t use the last time in DM-Chroma. I also use another new set of rock meshes for the outside / scenery of the map which I’ve showed in this post.

In all, it’s a lot of textures, materials and static meshes. Release 1 was size wise, very big, 601 MB! After spending hours into various optimizations, I was able to drastically reduce the map size. The map file size is now small taking into account the enormous quantity of custom assets and is now 250 MB! A 58% size reduction !!!

Be warned that like DM-Chroma / DM-Chroma FPS, you'll need a very fast GPU to truly enjoy the visuals of this map since all maps use the same complex lighting / materials. Take a look here for my main PC specs. Still, I did everything I could to optimize the map.

Materials: 18
    Material function: 0
    Material instance: 391
    Music: stock game track
    Static meshes: 200
    Textures: 400
    VFX: 0
    Last edited by Stevelois; 05-21-2020, 12:58 PM.
    Stevie's corner
    Maps : DM-Thaq (R1), DM-Coda, DM-Chroma FPS, DM-Chroma, DM-Dakylian, DM-Elik, DM-Akar, DM-Aryth, DM-Aly, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta
    Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Awesome work!! Looks really great!

Comment

Originally posted by Bware View Post
      Awesome work!! Looks really great!
      Thank you
      Stevie's corner
      Maps : DM-Thaq (R1), DM-Coda, DM-Chroma FPS, DM-Chroma, DM-Dakylian, DM-Elik, DM-Akar, DM-Aryth, DM-Aly, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta

Comment

It sure is a visual treat indeed! Thank you for this Cardaaamnium gem kind sir!
        LoPing
        Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

Originally posted by ÐutchSmºke View Post
          It sure is a visual treat indeed! Thank you for this Cardaaamnium gem kind sir!
          Hé hé

And THX for your constant support my friend
          Stevie's corner

Comment

The space-time distribution of the energy density of the multiple-scattered coda wave is synthesized for the case of isotropic scattering with no intrinsic absorption, using the Monte Carlo simulation method in the three dimensional space based on the energy conservation law.

Comment

Originally posted by Sisnerosi View Post
              The space-time distribution of the energy density of the multiple-scattered coda wave is synthesized for the case of isotropic scattering with no intrinsic absorption, using the Monte Carlo simulation method in the three dimensional space based on the energy conservation law.
              Heu...

Comments are so rare, please post something that worth it so it can possibly help me making better maps.

Posting that kind of comments is totally useless, pointless and make me loose my time just by reading it.
              Stevie's corner

Comment

the screenshots look amazing!! now I just downloaded UT (so I have a vanilla version) what do I need to do (besides downloading it) to play your maps. ( I would love to test this one and play my old favourite CTF-infiltrate)
                thank you for your efforts making these maps!

Comment

Originally posted by TF2Maestro View Post
                  the screenshots look amazing!! now I just downloaded UT (so I have a vanilla version) what do I need to do (besides downloading it) to play your maps. ( I would love to test this one and play my old favourite CTF-infiltrate)
                  thank you for your efforts making these maps!
                  THX

Put the files into ‘…\UnrealTournament\UnrealTournament\Content’ directory. If this folder is not currently on your system, you can safely create it
                  Stevie's corner

Comment

Working...
                  X