Clear All

DM-Valas

Players: 4 - 8
    Version: 1.0
    Released: 14-11-2020
    Download: GoogleDrive, UTCC, Readme
    Checksum: 587058a6a5ed7294137568ef62af3683

Story / Histoire

In honor of Kris Valas, a renowned Necris fighter who won the tournament 30 times in a row on this base, establishing a record, Phayder Corporation named this base on his behalf to celebrate his undoubted success. Which, by the way, has never been equaled. It’s up to you to beat Valas record.

En l’honneur de Kris Valas, un combattant Necris de renom qui a remporté le tournois 30 fois d’affilé sur cette base, établissant un record, Phayder Corporation l’a nommée en son nom afin de souligner son incontestable succès. Qui d’ailleurs, n’a jamais été égalé. Tout dépend de toi de battre le record de Valas.

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full versionThis Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Installation

Put the files into ‘…UnrealTournamentUnrealTournamentContent’ directory. If this folder is not currently on your system, you can safely create it.

Details

I’m using completely new assets from the Bunker pack (interior) and also a very small amount of the Tropical jungle pack (exterior). Each time I start a new map, I like to build something different. Not only using a different theme from my previous maps but also try a different gameplay approach while keeping in mind UT playability and not just create a pretty level.

For Valas, I got myself inspire by DM-Stalwart XL, a classic UT99 map. DM-Stalwart XL layout is on 1 level height only with few small variation of height between areas. In valas, the layout is roughly the same height but in some areas, you have 2 level high. The theme is industrial and dirty and is relatively ‘closer’ to reality in term of visuals.

This time, to add details into the scene, I’ll mostly use decals instead of trying to make awesome meshwork, because yes, meshing is a form of art, which is by far more complicated than using decals. For me, with the decals, the visuals reach my minimum visual standard

Note, for all my maps I use Temporal AA since it offer the best visuals. Also, before you play it, know that I made all I could to optimise the map for max FPS. My FPS varies between 100 / 144 playing in 1440 on Epic settings. I hope it run well for you!

The final map is bigger because it’s prettier than before. More materials, more textures, more effects make a level bigger, simple as that. But, I’ve made all I could to make it smaller. The initial size was more than 640 MB before my optimizations.

Credits

Achernar, Barsam2, ÐutchSmºke, Florin Biziitu, MoxNix, Shaddycat for their constructive feedback

Last words

This is my last final map for UT4 release on Epic forums or any forums. From now on, if you want my stuff come to my place, my blog. I suggest you subscribe to my blog to get always the latest information

I'm done with this me-myself-and-I behavior on Epic forums. All of you who read others, take take take & never give something in return, never comments on anything, never show gratitude or help the creator in any way. You are responsible for the community declin!
    Stevie's corner
    Maps : DM-Valas, DM-Thaq, DM-Coda, DM-Chroma FPS, DM-Chroma, DM-Dakylian, DM-Elik, DM-Akar, DM-Aryth, DM-Aly, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta
    Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Congrats Steve on bringing this one to final!

Lots of great work to be admired - thank you!

Really love the layout and the latest outside scenery is superb.

Looking forward to enjoying many matches on all this hard work

You deserve a good rest and after this one. Shalom Steve.

Comment

A rest or maybe drop down a gear or two... just kidding mon. If anything you've given us alot of trigger-happy maps to enjoy on this stalled game! Very much like being handed a pole while standing in quicksand.

Chapeau! mon ami and we look forward to your next GPU killah works!
      Last edited by ÐutchSmºke; 11-16-2020, 09:31 AM. Reason: typo
      LoPing
      Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

THX both for your kind comments

Next GPU killer will be DM-Cruel, which I restarted to work on after DM-Valas release
        Stevie's corner
        Maps : DM-Valas, DM-Thaq, DM-Coda, DM-Chroma FPS, DM-Chroma, DM-Dakylian, DM-Elik, DM-Akar, DM-Aryth, DM-Aly, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta

Comment

I really like it. Thank you for keeping some life in UT4 mapping !

Comment

Originally posted by BomBerWill View Post
            I really like it. Thank you for keeping some life in UT4 mapping !
            Cool. THX for showing your support
            Stevie's corner

Comment

Originally posted by Stevelois View Post

Cool. THX for showing your support
              From the fellah who has given us nothing but Unreal maps.
              That Necris record is gonna get smoked I tell ya and it might not even be me!
              Replays are back up for your enjoyment and don't hold it against me if I drop a 14 player load on it every once in awhile.
              LoPing

Comment

Originally posted by ÐutchSmºke View Post

From the fellah who has given us nothing but Unreal maps.

That Necris record is gonna get smoked I tell ya and it might not even be me!
                Replays are back up for your enjoyment and don't hold it against me if I drop a 14 player load on it every once in awhile.
                LOL
                Your not serious, your krazy bud, the map as been made for 8 players max!!! ROLF
                I'm at work now but I'm very curious to look at those replays tonight
                Stevie's corner

Comment

I'm always seriouz krazy about my love for headshots mon and it also serves as a very good stress test.
                  Like you know, optimizations are tricky business and get'n RTD stable & low is no different.
                  LoPing

Comment

Hé hé

What RTD mean?
                    Stevie's corner

Comment

RTD is what dictates if you enjoy your game or not.
                      LoPing

Comment

Working...
                      X