Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to make Radikus style portals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to make Radikus style portals?

If you remember from Unreal 1, DMRadikus had interesting portals. Don't remember if they even were used anywhere else. Can we still make them in Unreal Engine 4?
    My map: CTF-MarketCrossing (WIP)

Back the days when I played the first Unreal, I really liked that map!

Comment

I'm not familiar with the map, but if you mean the seamless portals that look like regular geometry, then no it is not possible. If you mean a teleporter that shows the destination, I'm sure you can rig it up with a camera.

Comment

Originally posted by lawlorz View Post
        I'm not familiar with the map, but if you mean the seamless portals that look like regular geometry, then no it is not possible. If you mean a teleporter that shows the destination, I'm sure you can rig it up with a camera.
        This.

About the best suggestion to make is exactly that.
        Maps:

DM-PSi ; DM-Genku ; DM-Untold Storage ; DM-Station (WIP) ; DM-HeatRay Physx (WIP)

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

Originally posted by lawlorz View Post
          I remember back when I used Unreal Editor 2.0 they used "Warp Zones" to accomplish the seamless portal effect, the map DM-Fractal from UT99 also had warp zones. I find it highly unusual that the new engine would not be able to match/expand this capability with special volumes.

Comment

Originally posted by Envarion View Post
            I remember back when I used Unreal Editor 2.0 they used "Warp Zones" to accomplish the seamless portal effect, the map DM-Fractal from UT99 also had warp zones. I find it highly unusual that the new engine would not be able to match/expand this capability with special volumes.
            The aptly named "Portal" series of games utilise rendered windows at native resolution, I'm sure the same thing can be done with UT, but it would require a HECK of a lot of rendering horsepower, as it would essentially be not only rendering two different native viewports, but also rendering two different parts of the same level, meaning the high potential for different assets to load onto RAM.

Comment

Working...
            X