Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any tutorials, working with newest built of UE4, showing how to include trick jumps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] Any tutorials, working with newest built of UE4, showing how to include trick jumps?

I want to learn and master these various wall dodges, slides, weapon jumps, etc. I have tried half of the current maps and only one has some places to practice. The Speed gametype is apparently broken. The material someone shared to aid you in making this stuff is apparently broken.

I am guessing however there are certain known distances for jump height, length, angle of ramps to jump up, etc. I would like to create my first map as a place where all these movements can be practiced. Design it around all intermediate-advanced movements in UE4 as of this writing, UE4 4.76.

Are there any tutorials, preferably and hopefully video, but written is OK, that detail the process of adding these elements to a map? If there are none, please consider this a request to make some.

Thank you!
    In a world of no darkness, there is no light.
    - The Voice Inside

My Blog
    Featuring Insights, Poetry and Teachings.

My Photography
    Featuring A Unique Calendar and Prints for Purchase.

My Videos
    Featuring The Circle and Tutorials.

You want video guides for a pre-alpha game on how to design maps with the current movement system? Never gonna happen. Movement changes with each build, no point in trying to make a guide on the exact movement types. If you want to make maps, you need to understand the movement through experience. Play the game more, learn the movements, build a map. Dont worry so much about your first map being awesome, most peoples arent. It takes a lot of time to learn the editor, map design and everything that goes into a good map.

All the information you are looking for can be discovered by just playing the game.
    PayBack

Comment

Originally posted by DreamBliss View Post
      I want to learn and master these various wall dodges, slides, weapon jumps, etc. I have tried half of the current maps and only one has some places to practice. The Speed gametype is apparently broken. The material someone shared to aid you in making this stuff is apparently broken.

I am guessing however there are certain known distances for jump height, length, angle of ramps to jump up, etc. I would like to create my first map as a place where all these movements can be practiced. Design it around all intermediate-advanced movements in UE4 as of this writing, UE4 4.76.

Are there any tutorials, preferably and hopefully video, but written is OK, that detail the process of adding these elements to a map? If there are none, please consider this a request to make some.

Thank you!
      Fortunately, you can drop a NAV mesh onto a map and it'll plot all this out and show what is possible graphically in techno-colour.

So here's what I'm saying:

1. build a basic map block-out
      2. drop a navmesh/volume around it
      3. change viewport to show nav mesh routing/pathing
      4. alter map accordingly
      5. rinse-repeat
      6. upload for testing
      7. refine
      8. profit

It really is as simple as that, and don't forget blocking/navigation volumes to close off/add certain navigation areas.

The engine will work all this out for you, no need for a tutorial 'dood.

If you build it, they will pwn.
      Maps:

DM-PSi ; DM-Genku ; DM-Untold Storage ; DM-Station (WIP) ; DM-HeatRay Physx (WIP)

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

Working...
      X