Couple of Quick Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple of Quick Questions

In scrolling through the assets that Epic have provided, many times there seem to be duplicate objects. Their stats are identical. Sometimes they have collision and sometimes they don't. Is there a way to tell which assets are what?

Also, I'm making my map into a castle theme. I'd like to add the torches that I see in the browser. I've added one and added a fire particle system. It looks pretty good, but is there a way for them to emit light? I can put an fire-colored omni light, but it wouldn't have the flicker effects the flames are showing. What's the trick?

Thanks.

W.I.P.s
    DM-Containers

The flickering is done using a light function. It's just a normal point light with a light function material assigned to its properties. The best way to do it would be to open TitanPass and check it out. It'll even give you the location of the light function asset so you can reference it in your map.

I noticed the duplicate assets too. I am not sure why they are there, it could just be lack of organization in the pre-alpha that will be cleaned up later.
    DM-Nine | CTF-HolyOak

Comment

For that light function to work those flickering lights need to be stationary lights. If they're static they won't flicker.

The elemental demo also has some nice flickering torch lights... most of them are movable lights but they work fine set to stationary too.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. So what I did was open Titan Pass, find a torch and copy its flickering light. Then open my map and hit paste. Boom. Thanks for the tips.

W.I.P.s
        DM-Containers

Comment

Working...
        X