Anti Gravity Catwalk (Prey)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anti Gravity Catwalk (Prey)

how about adding some "anti gravity catwalks" to some maps to mix up the gameplay a little.

i am thinking about the ones used in Prey

YES! those where awsome!
    - ZixXer - Environment artist - Trigger happy - UT fan -

Comment

+1

this

so much this

Edit:

this would add a good deal of fun to the game if it was built into certain maps properly, it could even add to competitive play so long as it wasn't over and or incorrectly used
      Last edited by tigerclaw; 05-14-2014, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Very cool and disorienting! Like it!
        a.k.a Gunner77

Comment

This was one of the most unique things that ever came out of Prey, I would love to see a couple levels like that, would make for some crazy combat!

Comment

I'd have some ideas on how to use those. Would love to see that in this UT!
            S l y .

Comment

That is not anti-gravity, that is surface based gravity. One of the coolest things from Prey.
              You know what, we should have more discussion about these level specific physics. Maybe we can start a thread on it.
              [WIP]: DM-Deck(Remake) | DM-DeepBlue | DM-Peak(Remake)

My stuff: @ Youtube | @ Small site | @ My blog

Comment

We're also discussing that in this thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...on-to-gamelpay

Maybe mods could merge both and bring it all to this section of the forum.
                DM-1on1-Deck8 | DM-1on1-BirdCage | DM-Complexo (GoldenEye Redesign) | DM-ShootThemMalcomsGood | DM-1on1-Toxicity

Designer at Candango Games. Check my Gamasutra Blog.

Comment

Great! Didn't have time to go through the threads yet, being busy with day job and night mapping...
                  [WIP]: DM-Deck(Remake) | DM-DeepBlue | DM-Peak(Remake)

My stuff: @ Youtube | @ Small site | @ My blog

Comment

Yeah looks cool!

Comment

This has Unreal Tournament written all over it! Might mean some development changes. But this idea can spawn more maps with a similar feel. How about all out Warefare on an entire moon with huge craters ala Maria Galaxy? Red team gets North pole and blue team gets South pole? All sorts of paths to the enemy base!
                      Last edited by mjnouri; 05-16-2014, 12:28 AM. Reason: added link

Comment

jumping? dodging?
                        Unofficial Enforcer Model
                        Redesigning Enforcer Firemodes

Comment

I would love to see this in UT!

Comment

Originally posted by Fartuess View Post
                            jumping? dodging?
                            as soon as you jump or dodge you disengage with the catwalk. no fancy maneuvering on it, just running

Comment

Originally posted by chonglee View Post
                              That is not anti-gravity, that is surface based gravity. One of the coolest things from Prey.
                              You know what, we should have more discussion about these level specific physics. Maybe we can start a thread on it.
                              3 gravity surface variables:

1 - Normal Surface: Lets you walk against normal gravity.
                              2 - Damaged Surface: It cannot hold your weight and you slide across it.
                              3 - Overpowered Surface: It "lifts" you way much than normal gravity so you kind of get launched into the air. (A new way to join the map. (: )
                              Tiny Details That Should NOT Be Forgotten & Dynamic Arenas & UT4 Storyline - Story Design & Gametype Designs: Volleyball - 3-Way CTF & Smartphone/Tablet Integration

Comment

Working...
                              X