Anti Gravity Catwalk (Prey)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by W4RH4WK View Post
    as soon as you jump or dodge you disengage with the catwalk. no fancy maneuvering on it, just running
    I was actually thinking we could use either a visible "field" that's slightly above the floor so you can jump/dodge on other surfaces. (either that, or show a visible spark under player's feet to show they're clinging).

This way, players using the wall gravity are not at a serious disadvantage, and map designers can make interesting maps with no visible "core"
    --------------------------------------
    clstirens
    Level Designer

Comment

Originally posted by SwiftMalachi View Post
      I was actually thinking we could use either a visible "field" that's slightly above the floor so you can jump/dodge on other surfaces. (either that, or show a visible spark under player's feet to show they're clinging).

This way, players using the wall gravity are not at a serious disadvantage, and map designers can make interesting maps with no visible "core"
      sounds interesting, i guess we really do need a prototype soon

Comment

Originally posted by W4RH4WK View Post
        as soon as you jump or dodge you disengage with the catwalk. no fancy maneuvering on it, just running
        I know, i played through whole game . I just wanted to point out that if such catwalk prevents dodging and jumping, then players will suffer great immobility while walking on them.
        Unofficial Enforcer Model
        Redesigning Enforcer Firemodes

Comment

reviving this thread in hope it's still relevant ^^, would really like to see these concepts in-game

Comment

I really hope Epic do look into adding functionality like this to the engine. It appears that there is quite a bit of demand for it!
            Here's my original thread on the exact same topic: https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...on-to-gamelpay
            Feel free to add your thoughts!
            Unreal Old Friends
            My previous Unreal work

Comment

There are some engine changes on the roadmap that would support this type of functionality. Once those are in (hopefully in UE 4.5) I will be playing around with this since I would really like to see this feature.

Comment

bump, is this idea still relevant or lost in limbo?

i'd really like to see at least a prototype

Comment

Working...
                X