Anti Gravity Catwalk (Prey)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    bump, is this idea still relevant or lost in limbo?

i'd really like to see at least a prototype

Leave a comment:

• replied
    There are some engine changes on the roadmap that would support this type of functionality. Once those are in (hopefully in UE 4.5) I will be playing around with this since I would really like to see this feature.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I really hope Epic do look into adding functionality like this to the engine. It appears that there is quite a bit of demand for it!
    Here's my original thread on the exact same topic: https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...on-to-gamelpay
    Feel free to add your thoughts!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    reviving this thread in hope it's still relevant ^^, would really like to see these concepts in-game

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by W4RH4WK View Post
    as soon as you jump or dodge you disengage with the catwalk. no fancy maneuvering on it, just running
    I know, i played through whole game . I just wanted to point out that if such catwalk prevents dodging and jumping, then players will suffer great immobility while walking on them.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SwiftMalachi View Post
    I was actually thinking we could use either a visible "field" that's slightly above the floor so you can jump/dodge on other surfaces. (either that, or show a visible spark under player's feet to show they're clinging).

This way, players using the wall gravity are not at a serious disadvantage, and map designers can make interesting maps with no visible "core"
    sounds interesting, i guess we really do need a prototype soon

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by W4RH4WK View Post
    as soon as you jump or dodge you disengage with the catwalk. no fancy maneuvering on it, just running
    I was actually thinking we could use either a visible "field" that's slightly above the floor so you can jump/dodge on other surfaces. (either that, or show a visible spark under player's feet to show they're clinging).

This way, players using the wall gravity are not at a serious disadvantage, and map designers can make interesting maps with no visible "core"

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by chonglee View Post
    That is not anti-gravity, that is surface based gravity. One of the coolest things from Prey.
    You know what, we should have more discussion about these level specific physics. Maybe we can start a thread on it.
    3 gravity surface variables:

1 - Normal Surface: Lets you walk against normal gravity.
    2 - Damaged Surface: It cannot hold your weight and you slide across it.
    3 - Overpowered Surface: It "lifts" you way much than normal gravity so you kind of get launched into the air. (A new way to join the map. (: )

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Fartuess View Post
    jumping? dodging?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I would love to see this in UT!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    jumping? dodging?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This has Unreal Tournament written all over it! Might mean some development changes. But this idea can spawn more maps with a similar feel. How about all out Warefare on an entire moon with huge craters ala Maria Galaxy? Red team gets North pole and blue team gets South pole? All sorts of paths to the enemy base!
    Last edited by mjnouri; 05-16-2014, 12:28 AM. Reason: added link

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah looks cool!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Great! Didn't have time to go through the threads yet, being busy with day job and night mapping...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    We're also discussing that in this thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...on-to-gamelpay

Maybe mods could merge both and bring it all to this section of the forum.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X