Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texture Groups - What difference does it make?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...ngs/index.html

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I remember screenshots looking low quality on the previews. I think a few of mine did because of this. So this setting forces a higher quality?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yep, this is about UI and detail settings. UI group is always displayed at high quality.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    In previous UT games, if you forgot to set the textures to UI, and a player had his texture settings set to "low", the screenshots would look blurry in menus because a low-res mipmap would be used. I don't know if that is still the case.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It changes some compression and LoD settings. Flagging it as UI essentially means 'Don't make mipmaps for this'

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm sure something to do with streaming / LOD and the impact that texture group needs?

... but I can't seem to find anything specific details for all the groups here: https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...ies/index.html

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Texture Groups - What difference does it make?

Texture Groups - What difference does it make?

In Sidney Clawfist's post he said:

Make sure the TextureGroup on your texture asset is set to “UI”.
    It's easy enough to do that, but for my own knowledge and curiosity, what difference does it make? The textures that I am currently using as screenshots are just under the default "World". The screenshots for my maps that are up on the <AW> server show up just fine, at least they do when I'm browsing them on the server.

For those wondering how to do that, you open up the texture in the game editor and there's a pulldown menu where you can select a "Texture Group" and one of them is "UI".
Working...
X