Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lighting build stuck at 22% on any project even Example_Map

Hello all,

I am currently having an issue when building any level. When it reaches 22 percent on lighting it freezes and I have to ctrl-alt-del. The swarm agents bar is grey representing exporting and that just goes on forever if I leave it.

I was messing around a week or so ago with unreal build folders and paged memory on my C drive if this may affect anything?

I have 8 GB of ram and a 2500K.

Thanks for reading guys,

Rob

Originally posted by Drkslayer443 View Post
    Hello all,

I am currently having an issue when building any level. When it reaches 22 percent on lighting it freezes and I have to ctrl-alt-del. The swarm agents bar is grey representing exporting and that just goes on forever if I leave it.

I was messing around a week or so ago with unreal build folders and paged memory on my C drive if this may affect anything?

I have 8 GB of ram and a 2500K.

Thanks for reading guys,

Rob
    Sounds like an overcook.

Your computer has thermal limits for your CPU - and you are hitting them. This will cause either a freeze of the process, which tries to restart or recomplete the CPU code and get stuck in a cycle, or, it can and does cause a system reset when cooking.

Try cooking @ preview levels and see if you got the same issue, then hit back with outcomes.

Bear in mind, this is a guess based off of experience as the Cook uses the CPU and NOT the GPU.

(the 22% is the time it takes to hit your thermal limit)
    Maps:

DM-PSi ; DM-Genku ; DM-Untold Storage ; DM-Station (WIP) ; DM-HeatRay Physx (WIP)

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

Sounds like it could be virtual memory... Either the drive is full (DerivedDataCache files will fill up a small SSD fast) or you set the page file size too low.

Comment

Hi guys thanks for the responses

Ok so I have tried setting my CPU to stock settings (no overclock) and build lighting preview. It still freezes but it can be at say 30% depending on what map is loaded.

I have also reset my page file stuff so that there is 8gbs on the C drive.

I noticed I get this lighting error when I build:

'LightingResults:Error: Error Level has bPrecomputeVisibility enabled but no Precomputed Visibility Volumes, precomputed visibility will not be effective.'

I may have to just reinstall my OS.

Do you guys have any thoughts?

Cheers!

Rob

Comment

SHAMELESS BUMP

Any ideas anyone?

Cheers,

Rob

Comment

Open Static mesh lighting info and see if theres a mesh with a high light map resolution.
            To open static mesh lighting info click on "build -> Lighting info -> lighting static mesh info" , now look if one of the meshes has a high resolution.

If theres one, lower it.
            Do you have a Lightmass Importance Volume in your map?
            Nonemms Music Thread DM-Lea(Youtube Soundcloud )
            Fabian Joosten - composer for media

Comment

Working...
            X