How to curve BSP cylinder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to curve BSP cylinder?

Can someone please explain how to do something like this to me.
    Ive been smashing my head against a wall trying to figure this out.

From the Outpost Shell

I understand how it can be done with the Pen Tool, drawing a shape and then using the Lathe to extrude it around a point.
    What I can't do however is draw a circular shape with the pen tool because it wont go off grid.
    Is it possible to somehow extrude an existing bsp cylinders face while rotating around an origin point?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Flylikeamouse; 01-05-2016, 07:56 AM.

That's five cylinder brushes of increasing size from a single point which are then merged, with extruding z-axis. Or it's one cylinder extruded five times, carefully along a grid.

If you alter the gird size and snap the object to grid, I think you'll see which grid size they used for it.

The 'front' view is a dead giveable.
    Maps:

DM-PSi ; DM-Genku ; DM-Untold Storage ; DM-Station (WIP) ; DM-HeatRay Physx (WIP)

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

It is 5 separate brushes, but could you elaborate on the 'merged, with extruding z-axis'?
      Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Flylikeamouse View Post
        It is 5 separate brushes, but could you elaborate on the 'merged, with extruding z-axis'?
        Thank you
        It's in the edit section of the BSP tool 'MERGE' I think.

Just extrude the cylinder along the z axis or, make 5 separate cylinders and merge them - you get the same result either way.
        Maps:

DM-PSi ; DM-Genku ; DM-Untold Storage ; DM-Station (WIP) ; DM-HeatRay Physx (WIP)

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

Hello,

Did you have any luck figuring it out?

I looked at the same bit of brush work a few weeks ago. I managed to recreate it by using a a hollow cylinder placed on it's side to map out and cut the curved cylinder shapes using the brush clip tool. Once one piece is created, you can duplicate and rotate into position using vertex snap tool. Had to cap the ends of the pieces otherwise some pretty nasty bsp errors.

I can elaborate further if need be. Was quite tricky to get right.

Screenshot attached.
          Attached Files

Comment

I wouldn't bother, would make it static mesh. You can even use default spline mesh tool to make that.
            My map: CTF-MarketCrossing (WIP)

Comment

Working...
            X