Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

weird BSP brush problem

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    weird BSP brush problem

    Hey guys,
    a big part of my lvl dissapeared (only the BSP not the meshes) and i dont know how to fix it there is also no subtractivebrush in my level ... ( thts why i added a wireframe pic). And its also not an isse that only 1 side is gone because theres a part of the brushes gone but some parts stay for smoe reason. You can also fall trough the hole :l anybody knows why, how to fix it? thx
    Attached Files

    #2
    Originally posted by skazam View Post
    Hey guys,
    a big part of my lvl dissapeared (only the BSP not the meshes) and i dont know how to fix it there is also no subtractivebrush in my level ... ( thts why i added a wireframe pic). And its also not an isse that only 1 side is gone because theres a part of the brushes gone but some parts stay for smoe reason. You can also fall trough the hole :l anybody knows why, how to fix it? thx
    As I do not know how this is supposed to look, it is very hard to help you.

    That said, I have a few ideas:

    Brush ordering.

    Changing something from 'first' to 'last' will alter the stacking order of 'what gets drawn first' and you can get a situation where the additive is drawn after the subtractive, for example, and it looks like entire segments have disappeared.

    Brush removal.

    You deleted a critical brush accidentally. Selecting the wrong brush is very easy to do. Too easy, in fact. Fortunately, these are normal the large blocks with which you chisel out rooms from.

    If you can fall through the floor, you have made a brush 'non solid' in the details tab. It could also be a blocking volume has been set to an incorrect setting.


    -

    You could change the viewport to 'player collision' and see where the big problems are, and I strongly suspect this will allow you to have the 'oh, that's the problem' moment all on your own. You could also SHIFT-S the map in the viewport and this will highlight you all surfaces, which normally makes someone figure out where the problems are.
    Maps:

    DM-PSi ; DM-Genku ; DM-Untold Storage ; DM-Station (WIP) ; DM-HeatRay Physx (WIP)

    DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

    Comment


      #3
      I didn't remove the brushes they are all still there just invisible or partly invisible. But some parts of the same brush are visile and able to stand on by a character. the Shift S shows the gap but I dont see any weird other forms. ( the gap should be closed by the same brush + al wall next to it which also dissapeared. Thanks alot for the options though.same for the nonsolid i think the whole brush would be
      nonsoilid then.

      And where can you change the stacking order? still thx alot
      Attached Files

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by skazam View Post
        I didn't remove the brushes they are all still there just invisible or partly invisible. But some parts of the same brush are visile and able to stand on by a character. the Shift S shows the gap but I dont see any weird other forms. ( the gap should be closed by the same brush + al wall next to it which also dissapeared. Thanks alot for the options though.same for the nonsolid i think the whole brush would be
        nonsoilid then.

        And where can you change the stacking order? still thx alot


        Third option on the right, "order".

        You could always just create a static mesh out of it, this would make it 100% solid and unaffected by subtractive geometry.
        Attached Files
        Maps:

        DM-PSi ; DM-Genku ; DM-Untold Storage ; DM-Station (WIP) ; DM-HeatRay Physx (WIP)

        DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

        Comment


          #5
          Thank alot I already gain parts back with this my teacher explained what happend. The fact I had 1 brush inverted somewhere ( probably pushed a face trough on the wrong side somewhere). And unreal creates a map over all the brushes and if one is inverted it can also"corrupt" the others. So I'm going to try to find this brush and delete it and that should fix the problem.

          Comment


            #6
            Yeah was gonna say its a bad bsp brush. Happens to me often enough, usually i end up going through and just deleting recently changed/added bsp brushes until the issue is fixed. Then reload the map and delete just that bsp brush.
            PayBack

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Mitch Mitchell View Post



              Third option on the right, "order".

              You could always just create a static mesh out of it, this would make it 100% solid and unaffected by subtractive geometry.
              Somehow, your direction fixed my problem thanks a lot!

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by BIIGGBOSSS View Post

                Somehow, your direction fixed my problem thanks a lot!
                Glad I could help sir - even though it was over four years ago :_)

                Now, where is my smooth-tasting glass of Miller?
                Maps:

                DM-PSi ; DM-Genku ; DM-Untold Storage ; DM-Station (WIP) ; DM-HeatRay Physx (WIP)

                DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

                Comment

                Working...
                X