Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Epic: Any tips on lighting characters on Channel 1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epic: Any tips on lighting characters on Channel 1?

Saw in the new build notes (3/31/16) that characters can now be lit on Channel 1. Can we put a Skylight in on channel 1 and dial it up? I'm going to test it out but was wondering if there were any tips for optimal results.

Edit: I only see channel selection available on PointLights and its grayed out. Would be ideal to be able to use a Skylight for this purpose. In UE3 you could put a Skylight on the CompositeDynamic channel only and use it to boost character lighting. Worked great.
    Last edited by MΛuL; 04-01-2016, 03:53 AM.
    Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

The light has to be set to stationary or dynamic to change light channels, channel 1 is for characters only

Comment

Originally posted by [EPIC] Chris.Kay View Post
      The light has to be set to stationary or dynamic to change light channels, channel 1 is for characters only
      Okay thanks for the info.
      Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Originally posted by cafe
        Is there any way to exclude lighting on characters from everything except channel 1?
        As per this thread, set lighting to channel 2 for environment only.

Originally posted by [EPIC] Chris.Kay View Post
        Inside the light properties (have to open the advanced tab, the little down arrow) you should see Light Channels, the light must be stationary or moveable to be able to change the channel, channel 0 is environment and players, channel 1 is just players, and channel 2 is just environment, I would advise limiting the amount of stationary (player only) lights to a minimum, for example in dark corners, since they have additional render cost, you can also disable dynamic shadows if you want to improve rendering speed.

Comment

Working...
        X