Getting bots to crouch/slide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    If you show navigation you should see a different colored line for a crouch path. Something like you describe was working on DM-Lea, but it's possible the engine upgrade broke it... I'll take a look when I get a chance.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [MENTION=493]Mysterial[/MENTION] That's what I initially thought. So in my case the low height is just a wall with a space at the bottom that goes into another area. The wall is 50 units deep.

90% of the time I played, the bots would just idle at the wall even if an enemy is on the other side. Or, they would run all the way around to get to that location.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If navmesh builds into a corridor with low height, the bots should know to crouch automatically. Bots don't currently use slide.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Was adjusting some setting in the mesh editor on my custom mesh and saw this and was wondering if this (and the combo above?) might help with this issue?

navigate down to the Navigation section and check out the dropdown I opened up (Area Class) in this pic!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looks like using a Nav Modifier volume around the low height area with an obstacle area class work ok. Not great, but they crouch and walk past it so it's ok for now.

I believe automatic doors are made with trigger volumes, matinee and blueprints. Unless they have a door animation already somewhere. I haven't really checked doors recently.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    When you figure this out please let me know. Also how to make them use automatic doors?

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Getting bots to crouch/slide

Getting bots to crouch/slide

Pretty much in the title. I can't seem to get this working properly.

There's a section in my map that requires bots to crouch/slide past to access another area but I can't figure out what's needed. A regular nav mesh encompasses the level and works fine, but the bots just don't bother with the crouch/slide area. They hit the wall and the just turn around and run all the way around.

I've tried using Nav Proxies and Nav volumes with Low Height applied and they kind-of attempt crouching and walking past the low wall. But they usually stop right in the middle of the wall and just idle there for ages. It's super annoying as the collision is fine.

If anyone has come across this and knows, it would be a great help. The wall dimensions are w1000 x h200.
Working...
X