Meshes/Textures moving and warping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meshes/Textures moving and warping

I put some trees into my project that I mitigated from the Kite Demo, but the trees warp, move, change size and disappear in game, making them unusable, even some of the stock UT meshes disappear from a certain angle or distance. I'm guessing there must be a setting I can change within the mesh to stop this?
    Last edited by FXTR4; 05-13-2016, 12:35 PM.
    Win 10
    iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
    3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
    32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

Maps:
    DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
    2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

Its called LOD "Level of Detail" https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...ODs/index.html
    Running the Mega Hub for everyone to enjoy!

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I think there must be something up with either my editor of computer. I can now no longer render grass, not unless I'm right up on it and slightly under it. I've never had this problem before, even the grass on the example map doesn't show. I kinda wish I hadn't chosen the terrain rout for my new map :/

Originally posted by Megasporwic View Post
      Win 10
      3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
      32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:
      DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
      2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

Comment

use the LOD view in the view settings, you will pretty quickly see whether it is the lods doing it...In the latest map i made i forced the lods to 1 on the offending meshes to fix the issue...also with kite demo assets it will look far worse in a smaller area as the lods are designed for a greater distance
        Last edited by WarpSpasm; 04-24-2016, 06:18 PM.
        https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sm.zombieultra

Comment

Originally posted by WarpSpasm View Post
          use the LOD view in the view settings, you will pretty quickly see whether it is the lods doing it...In the latest map i made i forced the lods to 1 on the offending meshes to fix the issue...also with kite demo assets it will look far worse in a smaller area as the lods are designed for a greater distance
          Thanks, I will give that a try!
          Win 10
          3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
          32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

This is how crazy they look!

https://youtu.be/ImFyfMu-N98
            Win 10
            3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
            32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

I have no idea, but best I can tell from your video I would assume its something going wrong with the animation. These trees have an animation to make them appear to blow in the breeze right? looks like its the animation going insane, maybe have a look into the matinee? just spitballing.

Comment

I can't find any matinee associated with it (THEM)

Originally posted by lawlorz View Post
                I have no idea, but best I can tell from your video I would assume its something going wrong with the animation. These trees have an animation to make them appear to blow in the breeze right? looks like its the animation going insane, maybe have a look into the matinee? just spitballing.
                Win 10
                3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

Try placing a wind actor in the level. It could be that the leaves have a node that reacts to wind. Not 100% sure if that will work but its worth a shot.
                  Mike :aka: thatscrawnykid
                  Artist for Chaos: UT

Comment

OK thanks, I will give that a shot

Originally posted by thatscrawnyki View Post
                    Try placing a wind actor in the level. It could be that the leaves have a node that reacts to wind. Not 100% sure if that will work but its worth a shot.
                    Win 10
                    3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                    32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

Any luck with this?

Comment

I haven't had the change to try it yet. Life has been getting in the way :/ And by life I mean work. Grrrr.

Any luck with this?
                        Win 10
                        3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                        32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

Any luck with this?
                          You are awesome!

The wind actor did indeed fix the problem! Thanks man!
                          Win 10
                          3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                          32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

OK, not totally resolved, it only worked on one of the tree meshes, the rest are still all funky.
                            Win 10
                            3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                            32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

Originally posted by effects69 View Post
                              OK, not totally resolved, it only worked on one of the tree meshes, the rest are still all funky.
                              Well that's a start I'll keep an eye out for a solution on this.

Comment

Working...
                              X