X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guide into Multiplayer Level Design by Bobby Ross

I found this article and thought it would be helpful here:

http://bobbyross.com/library/mpleveldesign

While it covers a wide range of multiplayer game modes and not everything is applicable for UT, it explains some very useful basic ideas that will help you making a better map.

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Click image for larger version

Name:	vgmld-0-Intro.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	874.4 KB
ID:	363467
    "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
    - RenegadeRetard

Using the Portal's editor to create all those pictures is genius! I'll definitely read this one through...
    DM-Batrankus is out on the UT Marketplace! Enjoy!

My UT Maps: | JB-Makoy (UT3JB) | JB-Fragtion2 (UT2004JB) | CTF-Opposite (UT2004) | VCTF-Antropolis (UT2004) |
    My Puzzle Levels: | Tetrobot and Co. | Portal 2 | Toki Tori |
    My Localizations: | Killing Floor |

Comment

Thank you so much for the guide and it was really helpful for a beginner like me.

I would like to ask an example for the "Balancing Difficulty section" in the above Guide. Iam really not sure if this is the right place to post a question.

1)Making the Difficulty of the attack and subsequently control almost balanced - Any game map example for this? Or maybe any CSGO map name which has a similar balancing difficulty? since it was mentioned it was difficult to pull off also requires more testing time , It would be better to learn how it was pulled off from playing the map itself.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by AvPraneeth View Post

1)Making the Difficulty of the attack and subsequently control almost balanced - Any game map example for this? Or maybe any CSGO map name which has a similar balancing difficulty?
        Say what you will about the map, but Dust 2 is a shining example of this if the win/loss statistics are to be believed. Last time I checked, the overall win/loss ratio between terrorist and CT sides was nearly 1:1. Valve published something about it a while ago, but I'm not sure how to find it any more. I would also point to the A site on the map Mirage. Lots of ways to put up near-impenetrable defenses, but lots of ways to assault the site. No one defensive set-up will counter every attack. Also, watch a few pro matches on Overpass. The B site is pretty dynamic.

Comment

Working...
        X