Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So how does one go about to get started?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So how does one go about to get started?

Hey all,

I am pretty confused. I would like to create levels for UT, but I have a couple of questions:

How does contributing to the new UT exactly work? Is there some sort of hub I can upload things to or?

Will Epic release assets, tiles, props, textures, materials, etc. for us to work with, or do we need to create everything ourselves?

Are there any guidelines, like player height, or things we need to think about before we start building?

Has user development even begun, or is it still not yet "official"?

Sorry if these questions are stupid, but I'm confused and really excited about this, and I don't want to miss out!

Thanks in advance,

Yaz

Read the sticky threads in the various forums, they go into some detail I think.

If you are signed up as a UE4 developer you should be able to get access to their github to download latest builds.

Otherwise if you want to build levels, just wing it until a public alpha is made available.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
    Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
      Read the sticky threads in the various forums, they go into some detail I think.

If you are signed up as a UE4 developer you should be able to get access to their github to download latest builds.

Otherwise if you want to build levels, just wing it until a public alpha is made available.
      How do I sign up as a UE4 developer?

EDIT: Wow, my brain does not function. I just found out how to get access to the Github by exploring a bit. Thanks for the help, and excuse my stupidity!
      Last edited by siryazan; 06-01-2014, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X