Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"<None>" UV Error Affecting Geometry

Hello everyone.

I'm currently working on a remake of DM-Morpheus, and after I pretty much finished doing the BSP work for one tower I exported it as .t3d so I could import it again for the other two towers. When I built the map, I got a really strange lighting error about, "<None> Object has overlapping UVs." and as you can see in the picture the back portion of one of the towers is missing.

Can anyone please tell me what's going on here? Am I doing something wrong when I export the initial .t3d of the first tower? All I'm exporting is the bsp and static meshes. No lights, volumes, etc.

I have no idea what it means when it says, "<None>", but it means it. There really is no sign of "None". How can I fix "None" when I can't fine "None"?

ANY help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Attached Files

I have run into this before and while I don't have any specific fixes (I believe someone may have posted about this bug on the unreal engine bugs site) I would suggest that instead of exporting the t3d to reimport, why not just copy and paste the BSP of one tower?
    I have the habit of constantly building geometry and lighting (I work with the update BSP flag off) so whenever this error pops up, I either cut and paste the same brushes I just placed since the last build (which fixes it sometimes) or I delete the most recent brushes I placed altogether and redo them.
    This is something I have been running into since 4.1 so I don't know if it really is a bug or what (the error coloring doesn't seem to help either)
    MyArtstation
    @jayoplus

Comment

I would suggest that instead of exporting the t3d to reimport, why not just copy and paste the BSP of one tower?
      While the scene runs and plays smoothly, each tower is 1,333 brushes, and though the BSP for all three only totals around 20mb, both trying to copy and paste a tower or trying to duplicate it just brings my computer(which isn't shabby by anyone's standards) to its knees for some reason. The engine just freezes and becomes unresponsive. However, I can export and import the tower as .t3d very quickly. I just end up getting a really weird uv overlap error, which oddly enough never seems to present itself the same way twice. I've tried doing the t3d export/import three times now to ensure the problem wasn't just something going hinky in that one particular build. Each time a different part of the first tower disappears, even though NOTHING has been changed in the map.

(the error coloring doesn't seem to help either)
      You are correct, sir. No...no it doesn't.

Thanks for the advice though.
      Last edited by Hymnal; 08-28-2014, 01:44 PM.

Comment

In this case, "none" is likely BSP.

When you export and reimport, it's likely having trouble giving each BSP surface unique lightmap UVs. Try selecting all BSP surfaces by selecting one surface, the hitting Shift-S to select them all, then choose alignment -> planar to realign all surfaces. This might solve the overlapping UV issues. I can't guarentee it though because I've never used this process of t3d exporting and reimporting for the specific purpose you've stated. Instead I would recommend that the next time you want/need to do this, just copy and paste the brushes and/or actors in question. If you need to save this information, open up notepad.exe and paste into there. It will paste the text information, which can later be copy and pasted into a map in the editor.
        David Spalinski
        @spazinski
        Epic Games

Comment

Try selecting all BSP surfaces by selecting one surface, the hitting Shift-S to select them all, then choose alignment -> planar to realign all surfaces.
          Thanks, but no dice.

...next time you want/need to do this, just copy and paste the brushes and/or actors in question.
          Well, I decided to see if the engine really was crashing when I tried to paste, or if it was just taking an incredibly long time. So, I copied/pasted and then took a nap, lol. Sometime between 3 and 5 pm it did in fact paste in the copy of the tower. However, upon building the same UV error presents itself.

I'm guessing among all of the brush work there is something that's causing a huge error. I'm going to go ahead with the first tower and start replacing brushes with meshes until I eliminate the culprit. It'll mean a larger download(customized assets) for people that want to play it, but a large download for a functional map without holes is better than the alternative, right?

If I end up replacing everything, and STILL end up having the UV problem, I am going to be REALLY miffed/confused.

Comment

I had this issue just tonight where I had some bsp I created and it was intersecting at many points as a really effed up placeholder (these were not t3d imports)... gave me the <none> uv error. Fixed it by removing the bsp and replacing it with my static mesh. Not sure if that helps you track your issue down.
            Last edited by Teddie; 08-29-2014, 01:06 AM.
            www.funrealtournament.com «« My maps
            www.smartapplerocks.com «« My music

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
              I had this issue just tonight where I had some bsp I created and it was intersecting at many points as a really effed up placeholder (these were not t3d imports)... gave me the <none> uv error. Fixed it by removing the bsp and replacing it with my static mesh. Not sure if that helps you track your issue down.
              Hey, thanks for taking the time to help. Yeah, slowly replacing the BSP with meshes is what I'm doing now to track down the offending brush work.

Funny thing is, all this time the first tower I blocked out was fine. It never gave me an error of any sort by itself. The first thing I started to replace was the trim, since it was the most complex, I figured the problem had to be there, right? Well...I removed the top most level of trim and replaced it with meshes...clicked build...and BOOM the "<None>" uv error appeared when before it had not.

I don't know what I did, but I must have been coincidentally maintaining some sort of balancing act with the first tower's bsp for it to only show up now that I'm going back and altering things...sigh.

Anyway...back to the static meshes and the hunt for the elusive error cause.

You know, I started to remake Morpheus because it was my favorite UT99 map, and it was a side project I thought would be simple. It's just the same tower 3 times, right? Well, now I'm going to finish this thing out of spite for the UV error if nothing else, lol.

Comment

Hey,

Did you find the solution? I've got same problem here

---

Update:

Looks like I've got the solution in my case. Before change BSP surface properties everything was fine but when modified UV scale value from individual surface to tile material UV of BSP " object has overlapping UV's" error appeared. So I'm just changed other face's UV scale value too than builded map again and problem disappeared. I'm not sure if that the only way to solve this problem but at least its worked for me. Good luck.
                Last edited by Iqarujanus; 10-29-2014, 08:41 AM. Reason: Got the solution

Comment

It happened to me in Hydraulics, only solution I found was to backup your map, then try and delete blocks of BSP until you find where the problem is and rebuild properly the area. I spent rougly 2 days searching for other solutions, haven't found any.
                  RASTE IN PEACE !
                  Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
                  Weapon: Redeemer

Comment

Working...
                  X