player character

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

player character

sorry another noob question. just learning this. is there a pre-made player character in the starter content i can add to my map build to test elevators and stuff? or do i have to build one (with blueprint)? th e ones i brought in so far i can't seem to activate any movement. i'll keep checking tutorials in the meantime. one other thing, if i feel my map scale is too large after considerable work has been done, is there a way to scale it all proportionally or do i have to do each piece of geometry individually (which is what i expect)
    There are two keys to success in life, One: don't tell everyone everything you know and Two:

Originally posted by Mondogrunday View Post
    sorry another noob question. just learning this. is there a pre-made player character in the starter content i can add to my map build to test elevators and stuff? or do i have to build one (with blueprint)? th e ones i brought in so far i can't seem to activate any movement. i'll keep checking tutorials in the meantime. one other thing, if i feel my map scale is too large after considerable work has been done, is there a way to scale it all proportionally or do i have to do each piece of geometry individually (which is what i expect)
    1) Create map
    2) Add 'Navigation Bounds Volume' to map, encompassing all areas character will roam.
    3) Add 'UTLift exit' (can be found in [Place]>[All classes]) exactly where the 'bots' will exit the lifts.
    4) 'Build' map (this will define where/what the navigation areas are)
    5) Save map!
    6) ALT-S (puts game in simulation mode)
    7) hit "`" for console, aka "tilde" and enter "addbots #" with "#" being the number of bots you require for testing.
    9) Miller Time.

As for scaling, one of the community members created a blueprint for this exact purpose:

https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...ueprint-editor

His name is RattleSN4K3 and yes, it is as awesome as their name
    Last edited by Mitch Mitchell; 04-28-2017, 08:12 AM.
    Maps:

DM-PSi ; DM-Genku ; DM-Untold Storage ; DM-Station (WIP) ; DM-HeatRay Physx (WIP)

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

Awesome, thanks again.
      There are two keys to success in life, One: don't tell everyone everything you know and Two:

Comment

Working...
      X