unreal engine and unreal editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unreal engine and unreal editor

Finished my basic block out with ramps, jump pads and elevator. Got a first person player character in to test out jumps etc. all was good. Ran into a hurdle trying to put in pickups (ut weaps, health, belt etc.) seems i can access some of these things in unreal editor but not from unreal engine. Same with UTTeam PlayerStart. only player start in engine. I thought they were basically the same program but it doesn't seem that way. Is there something I need to do to open my map in unreal editor?
    There are two keys to success in life, One: don't tell everyone everything you know and Two:

You need to be building your level in the Unreal Tournament editor.

You're right, it is the same program, but it includes all the UT game code and content so that your creations will work with UT. Just downloading the base Unreal Engine doesn't include any of that.

Once you've downloaded the UT editor you may be able to just open the map file with it. If not, you could try copying the contents of your map (select everything and hit copy), loading up the UT editor, then pasting into a blank level. There may also be a more reliable way I'm unaware of.
    DM-Kosko (A04) | DM-Backspace (Released!) | DM-Veracity (A01)| DM-Smog (A01) | DM-Conflux (A02)

Comment

Thanks for reply. Unfortunately no luck yet. Tried import from editor and export from engine. Didn't seem to work. I can't find the "projects" folder for the editor. Tried copying my engine projet to past in editor project folder . I figure there has to be a way since the programs are virtually the same. It's probably something simple I'm just overlooking but it has me stumped and I can't continue without the ut stuff.
      There are two keys to success in life, One: don't tell everyone everything you know and Two:

Comment

Working...
      X