Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting to relearn the mapping; getting a glitch

Hey there,

I'm trying to get back to mapping like I used to for Tactical Ops: AoT.
    So, I'm building some stuff, and I can't seem to fix one occuring glitch.

I have 2 forms of Geometry, and I jingled a bit with the size of the diagonal one, to make it match exactly to the horizontal upper level.
    The botttom horizontal level, the one with the weapon spawner, is easy, I just make it a bit longer, it'll match exactly with the diagonal one.
    Now, this causes a small noclip-gap, which I can't get rid of. How can I remove this?
    Attached Files

Not sure if this would make a good practice (as i'm not a mapper myself), but UE4 allows for vertex manipulation - so you could place normal horizontal brush first, and then 'skew' its side upwards. Otherwise you could try slicing (again horizontal) brush diagonally... If you don't mind using static meshes instead of BSPs, you could also use custom scaled box-shape (or other suitable default asset).
    Last edited by exo7341; 05-18-2017, 09:47 AM.
    - got sig? -

Comment

Welcome!

You need to make sure everything is snapped to the grid.

You don;t need to use the clip tool to make ramps or any basic BSP.

Check out some tut on YouTube. Like this one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8TxIWJop14
      Win 10
      iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
      3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
      32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
      NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

Maps:
      DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
      2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

Comment

Your ramps need to be be flush on the grid with the other BSP too. Like in the IMG I attached.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_27174.png
Views:	24
Size:	635.5 KB
ID:	387455
        Win 10
        iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
        3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
        32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
        NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

Maps:
        DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
        2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

Comment

Working...
        X