Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lighting issue

Hey,

So I'm working on my map, but it's unfortunately incredibly laggy.
    When I perform the Build, it mentions some about Lightmap UV overlapping, not really an issue, I think.
    However, the pointlights says "Severe performance loss" ... as shown in the picture below.

Now, what I have, for example, is this:

When I lower the Attenuation Radius, it does no longer give the error lamp, but it looks aweful.

So how can I fix this?

Originally posted by Snake-KoRn View Post
    Hey,

So I'm working on my map, but it's unfortunately incredibly laggy.
    When I perform the Build, it mentions some about Lightmap UV overlapping, not really an issue, I think.
    However, the pointlights says "Severe performance loss" ... as shown in the picture below.

Now, what I have, for example, is this:

When I lower the Attenuation Radius, it does no longer give the error lamp, but it looks aweful.

So how can I fix this?
    You need a lightmass importance volume, which basically says "whatever is inside this volume, I care about - anything outside of it, I don't."

Your point lights should be static, and if they are not, and they overlap, the editor complains and then walks out of the room in a huff.

Simple fix (as you are using the Chill assets) would be to open DM-Chill, and cut n paste the lighting and post-processing volumes + the world settings. That would be a two-second fix, no kidding - and whilst you are there you could be really cheeky and copy a few of their lighting setups for torches and static lighting, because that is the thing you are stuck with right now...

No one would have an issue with you doing that, and, no one would even know you used it to get your lighting close to being complete.

Over to you.
    Maps:

DM-PSi ; DM-Genku ; DM-Untold Storage ; DM-Station (WIP) ; DM-HeatRay Physx (WIP)

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

Splendid, just setting the lights on Static did the trick
      Thanks !!

Comment

Working...
      X