Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I play my map online with my friends?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    From_Behind Hey, you should contact Laambo. He will put your map on his public server, then all your friends can play it. There is a way to connect directly to your map, but I don't remember how. He'll know.

Also DutchSmoke will post your map as well at LoPingArena.
    https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...7-loping-arena

Leave a comment:

• replied
    iam on it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I am working on it slowly. Currently working on a UT3 CTF map, an old favorite with my group. Takes a while but so far so good. Here is what I use:

https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...8-9-01-08-2017

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Are you able to convert UT99 maps to UT4 ?
    Then maybe we can talk for a little longer haha

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks guys!! Really appreciate all the great info!!!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If it's UnrealTournament/Content/DM-MyMapName it also translates to /Game/DM-MyMapName
    UnrealTournament and/or both UnrealTournament/Content/ are replaced by /Game/

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by From_Behind View Post
    but how does that convert? The path is: UnrealTournament/Content/DM-MyMapName.umap.
    Quick way to remember:
    UnrealTournament = Game
    So for example:
    Game/Content/DM-MyMapName.umap

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello, I found my answer for custom maps here: https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...-*Read-First*=

Everything up to and including the Content folder = /Game/

Is the standard location for the included maps /Content/RestrictedAccess/Maps/DM-DeskTest ?

That rotation line would be MapRotation=/Game/RestrictedAccess/Maps/DM-DeckTest

My custom map rotation line would be MapRotation=/Game/DM-MyMapName because my path is UnrealTournament/Content/DM-MyMapName.umap.
    Last edited by From_Behind; 11-17-2017, 01:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks guys, really appreciate the info, I will look into this. What about map rotation? There is a lot of different info on this forum. I have followed the guide but on this point its a little fuzzy. It just says "this converts to this". Isn't it different for "standard" maps included in the .pak file that downloads with the server files? I have the path from opening my custom .pak file with NotePad++ but how does that convert? The path is: UnrealTournament/Content/DM-MyMapName.umap.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just to be sure, i think you did, but did you unblock the zip download for the server before extracting it?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Very close to running your sever with the right map almost!
    Check indeed if the ports are forwarded in your modem with that IP.
    Hope you have the username/password

Otherwise you can reset your modem by holding or pressing the reset button for approx. 30secs. (note the LED's blinking)
    *Warning, all your modem/router settings will be set back to default (if you have a build-in router, your WiFi password is back to factory settings)

After this reset the modemlogin is also set back to standard usually admin/admin (Google: your modem brand/type admin login)
    Last edited by iSenSe`; 11-15-2017, 03:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If you are absolutely sure it's the correct IP then i know a few possible reasons for it to not work:
    1) The ports 7777 and 7778 UDP are already in use on your pc by another process (for a hub add 14000 to this)
    2) The server executable is being prevented by some program (antivirus?) from binding to the ports
    3) The server (windows) firewall is blocking the executable from binding to the ports

Alternatively, you could try removing the -multihome directive from the batch so it binds automatically instead, worth a try maybe?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So very slowly, this is happening, see attachment. Thanks!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback. I have the correct IP of my machine (192.168.17.141). I am simply trying to run the very first batch file that the instructions tell you to run, the RunServer.bat file with my correct internal IP address. Here it is:

cd Engine\Binaries\Win64
    start UE4Server-Win64-Shipping.exe UnrealTournament DM-Spacer?Game=DM?MaxPlayers=16 -multihome=192.168.17.141 -port=7777 -log

So now I am here, see attachment. It's no longer endlessly scrolling, but it still never closes and the Game.ini file is not populated.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I spotted this error in your log:
    Code:
    [2017.11.14-04.12.59:090][  0]LogNet:Warning: Failed to init net driver ListenURL: /Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/WIP/DM-Spacer?Name=Player?VersionCheck=1?Game=DM?MaxPlayers=16: WinSock: binding to port 7777 failed (21)
    [2017.11.14-04.12.59:105][  0]LogNet:Warning: Failed to init net driver ListenURL: :7787//Engine/Maps/Entry: WinSock: binding to port 7787 failed (21)
    This could mean you are trying to use the -multihome directive with a wrong (internal) IP or the ports 7777 UDP and 7787 UDP are already in use by something else.
    I suspect you are binding to a wrong IP though.

Can you show me your batch file contents?

Edit: Wrote a portion in the guide to find the ip you should be using for multihome:
    https://www.pro2play.com/games/ut4/guide.php#multihome
    Last edited by zunnie; 11-14-2017, 05:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X