Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[TUTORIAL] How to import t3d Files after the Update - 1/2018

hi all
    going to do a tutorial on how to import the t3d after the Dev Disabled the import setting on the game editor

1) First you will need the following installed before you start

Unreal tournument + Game Editor - https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtournament/
    Notepad++ - https://notepad-plus-plus.org

Optional
    UT4Conveter by ШιητεЯ/XtremeXP for your own maps or others to convert - https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...08-2017?18198=

2) If your using UT4Conveter by Winter/XtremeXP go to the link above to the page and theirs a couple of video showing you how to import your map or custom ones

If not you can follow the step below
    Load the Game Editor and create a blank Level

Click image for larger version  Name:	Step1UT4Editor.png Views:	2 Size:	317.9 KB ID:	396080

Go to Content Browser and brows the following Folder structor \Content\RestrictedAssets\Maps\WIP\ then create a new folder, for this example and for this tutorial ill be using CTF-November-Elite-UT99

Click image for larger version  Name:	Step2UT4Editor.png Views:	1 Size:	74.9 KB ID:	396078

3) If you all ready have Textures, Sounds from your map to the editor by clicking on you Folder that you just created,
    Then click on Import and locate the files to import

Click image for larger version  Name:	Step3.0UT4Editor.png Views:	1 Size:	44.7 KB ID:	396081Click image for larger version  Name:	Step3.1UT4Editor.png Views:	1 Size:	44.9 KB ID:	396083
    Once you import you textures, Select them all and right click on create Materails

Click image for larger version  Name:	Step3.2UT4Editor.png Views:	1 Size:	1.04 MB ID:	396084Click image for larger version  Name:	Step3.3UT4Editor.png Views:	1 Size:	35.0 KB ID:	396082

This may take a couple of seconds or minutes all depends on your system and then click on Save all on the content browser

4) Do the Same for any sounds you may have and select Create Cue

Click image for larger version  Name:	Step4.0UT4Editor.png Views:	1 Size:	14.0 KB ID:	396085Click image for larger version  Name:	Step4.1UT4Editor.png Views:	1 Size:	14.8 KB ID:	396086

Then right click on files then click on Create Cue and click on save all

Click image for larger version  Name:	Step4.3UT4Editor.png Views:	1 Size:	1.05 MB ID:	396088Click image for larger version  Name:	Step4.2UT4Editor.png Views:	1 Size:	38.6 KB ID:	396087

5) If you have any music files in mp3 or wave file format do the same sounds by importing them in to content browser
    If you havnt got any music or sounds in the correct file format ill be doing another Convert any sounds \ music tutorial soon

6) Then we head over to the UT4 Editor, Click on File New Level or Ctrl + N then chose Blank Level

Click image for larger version

Name:	Step1UT4Editor.png
Views:	3
Size:	317.9 KB
ID:	396099

This is now where you will need Notepad ++ installed and for the rest of the tutorial
    Go to the folder where your level is located on you hard drive
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Step5.0UT4Editor.png Views:	1 Size:	31.2 KB ID:	396089

now right like on CTF-November-Elite.t3d file and open with "Edit With Notepad++" and you will see notepad ++ open and the text document looking like this below

Click image for larger version  Name:	Step5.1UT4Editor.png Views:	1 Size:	31.4 KB ID:	396090

DO NOT EDIT any lines of code from within the notepad ++ all we need to do is Select all (CTL + A) \ Edit > Select All from menus.

Then head back to the editor and right click > Edit > Past ( Ctrl + V ) in to the blank level that you create

Click image for larger version  Name:	Step5.3UT4Editor.png Views:	1 Size:	1.01 MB ID:	396095

Then you will see you level in the editor as wired frame, then save the level click on Save Current or Ctrl + S name the file as the same name as the folder with you textures sounds ect are in and theirs a new .dat file this also needs to be save along side the level too to kept it up to date every time you build the map or edit it

Click image for larger version  Name:	Step5.6UT4Editor.png Views:	1 Size:	1.02 MB ID:	396094 Click image for larger version  Name:	image_28338.png Views:	1 Size:	13.9 KB ID:	396092

Press Build all and let the editor build the map for you some times its freezes but let it go though the motions

All done now, you will have the level ready for UT4, the only thing you will need to do is go though the level and check weapon points are placed correctly, add water \ lquid if needed and check for any erros in Editor Log window to be fixed and thats it

Click image for larger version  Name:	Step6.0UT4Editor.png Views:	1 Size:	677.6 KB ID:	396097

Video Tutorial

PDF File so you can read this tutorial offline

Attached Files
    Last edited by NCC24656; 01-06-2018, 12:50 PM.
    My Levels \ maps
    [ CTF-November Collection ]

[ My website- ncc24656.uk ] [ My Ytube Page ][ My Twitter Page ][ My Raptr Page ] [ My Plays.tv Page ]

Old community new site and url
    [
    Admin at Unreal Addicts Community (ONLINE NOW) ]
    Best new Site for UT99, UT2004 and UT3 Ladders
    [
    OWNED WELL - All Welcome to join the community ]

What/Which update?

I thought this pet project was cancelled.
    Maps:

DM-PSi ; DM-Genku ; DM-Untold Storage ; DM-Station (WIP) ; DM-HeatRay Physx (WIP)

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

any update dec-2017 on wards because they disabled the T3d imported cos they said it was crashing the eidtor

also my ctf november projects are still alive i jsut had to find out a way to redo them after this update
      My Levels \ maps

[ My website- ncc24656.uk ] [ My Ytube Page ][ My Twitter Page ][ My Raptr Page ] [ My Plays.tv Page ]

[
      [

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	415.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	251.6 KB
ID:	397054
        they didn't disable it. If you are about to import it you type in *.* and press enter. This will allow any file. Then you choose your t3d

Projects: UT4BombingRun | UTCC wiki

Comment

wont work correctly mate it will crash the game engine

if it works with out crashing let me know cos ive tryed all sorts but get to about 90% importing them crash kicks in
          My Levels \ maps

[
          [

Comment

http://ut4br.blogspot.de/p/make-br-map.html

Scroll down there. I described a small tutorial. Works fine for me
            Projects: UT4BombingRun | UTCC wiki

Comment

@n0niz come on stop bumping my topic for yous :P
              btw yours is from the UT4 Conveter too
              My Levels \ maps

[
              [

Comment

Working...
              X