Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why meshes without collision?

I find this quite annoying!
    Standard meshes from the editor often don't have collisions. Why aren't they standard with one?
    I'm quite new with the meshes & collision stuff, I'm still learning on how to make them, but I shouldn't have to.

Other than that, in my map I have a mesh which I provided with collision (give cube collision) and when I play the game in the editor, I can hit it.
    Building & sharing, testing it ingame itself. And... I fall through... any idea's how I can fix this? Thanks!

Because certain meshes are complex and would have a complex collision. Sometimes its just cheaper and easier to use a blocking volume. And maybe because some meshes are used for outside the play of game and don't need it. I'm sure their are many reasons why. If you want collision... Copy the Mesh into your Map working folder and turn on the collision yourself.
    Running the Mega Hub for everyone to enjoy!

Comment

You'll only want to have collision on the mesh itself if it serves some structural purpose. If that's the case, the mesh will probably have very few vertices, so you can open it up and easily set a preset to use the geometry for collision. If the mesh is merely decorative, then you'll want to use a collision volume instead, which will cause a softer impact on performance. Be sure to always check what type of collision you're using, though. Some types may cause bullets to collide, but not players (and vice-versa, like in a collision volume).

Comment

well first of all you don't need to learn to make collision. in edit on top you got "auto convex collision" which does it for you. Second collision takes more pak size, so just cosmetic hills in the back don't need it and its actually more safe so players cant sneak arround behind your level
        Projects: UT4BombingRun | UTCC wiki

Comment

Well, the reason why I ask this, is because I have issues with meshes and their collisions.
          The collisions of several meshes work in the editor, but not in the game.
          I found a solution for it, by selecting the mesh, adding a Component, and setting their size correctly.

Comment

Working...
          X