Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Building a Map and test it in UT4

Hello,

can anyone tell me how to build a .pack File and place it in the right directory for the game to find the Level in the Dropdown Menue?
    Thank you in advance.

Ok, i found out the right directory, but when i cook a map it´s filesize has only 1KB

Comment

the dropdown menu works for the specific gamemodes, which require prefixes on the mapname: DM-Example, CTF-Example
      you can open it by console though: "open Example" or "open DM-Example"
      if you have a super small map, your .pak file is very small, if you add more meshes and materials, its getting bigger
      Projects: UT4BombingRun | UTCC wiki

Comment

Originally posted by n0niz View Post
        the dropdown menu works for the specific gamemodes, which require prefixes on the mapname: DM-Example, CTF-Example
        you can open it by console though: "open Example" or "open DM-Example"
        if you have a super small map, your .pak file is very small, if you add more meshes and materials, its getting bigger
        Thank you for your answer. I tried to cook an predefined Level and just wanted to look how it´s look like.
        But a filesize of One KB is a little bit small for a full content Level.

Comment

a predefined level is already in the UT.pak and won't get packed. Just make your own level 10 minutes with player start DM-name and some boxes.
          Projects: UT4BombingRun | UTCC wiki

Comment

Working...
          X