Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General_Lift Class Blueprint Question

Hi,

I'm starting to work on shelling out a map using bsp and noticed the generic_lift class blueprint that can be dragged into my level. When assigning a mesh to it and testing out the functionality I notice that it seems broken since nothing happens when I stand over the assigned mesh. I went into some of the test maps from Sid and Dave and looked at how those were setup and noticed they used 'EditorCube' for their mesh. I decided to try the same for my lift and when testing it out, it worked like a charm. My question is, is this the only mesh I can use if I want functioning lifts in my level using generic_lift? Thanks.

- Skisma

Edit: Just realized I titled this "General"_Lift instead of Generic. Oops, noob mistake.
    Last edited by Skisma; 09-12-2014, 11:32 AM.

It should work with any mesh as long as it has associated collision.

You can double check any mesh in the content browsers by hovering over it and looking at the Collisions Prims entry. If it says 0, there isn't any collision.

EDIT: Apparently I'm wrong. Just checked it ... sorry
    Last edited by NATO_chrisjm; 09-11-2014, 06:55 PM.

Comment

it defaults to using a volume, but you can tell it to use mesh collision. I'll take a look at it tomorrow to see if it's broken.
      David Spalinski
      @spazinski
      Epic Games

Comment

That's what I initially thought but I couldn't see a volume in the component list so I assumed it was on collision. I could however have just overlooked it, really entirely up to speed on blueprint yet.

Comment

Yea it may just be something I overlooked on my end, I was just stumped because the EditorCube worked when nothing else did. Thanks for the responses, I'll keep checking back here to see if it is something wrong with the blueprint. Thanks Dave.

Comment

I was having the same problem as this where only the generic lift mesh would work. In the end I had to edit my mesh and change the collision complexity to "use complex collision as simple" I hope this helps
            :|

Comment

Thank you, I will try this!

Comment

Working...
              X