CTF Flag State Blueprint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    That is so funky bookmarked so I can come back to this later!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wow, really impressive blue print work!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by iRYO400 View Post
    How to create this one? [/COLOR]
    You have to have a flag base reference already in your BP, just drag a wire off and search for state

Originally posted by RNGuy View Post
    Can it be done that only flag carrier can enter the door? (protected by force field or something like that)
    You'd just have to change the conditions for the door to open so it checks to see if the player is carrying the flag or not. Stoping any other player from going though an open doorway would be harder because you don't have per player collision. You MIGHT be able to do something funky with blocking volumes or maybe even fudging replication, but I wouldn't risk it. Easiest option would be to have the door open and close extremely fast and have a small check volume near to the door to minimize the time it's open for.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Can it be done that only flag carrier can enter the door? (protected by force field or something like that)

Leave a comment:

• replied

@NATO_chrisjm Hello!
    How to create this one?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It'll only work with the UT editor, which isn't on 4.9. I've not actually checked to see if this works in a long time so I might take another look soon.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey guys! Where can i get Carried Object State? or this tutorial does not work on 4.9?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Now available on the wiki!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sadly I'm not at home right now else I'd post something more detailed, I'll put together a proper thing when I get back in a few days. However take a look at creating a new UTgametype blueprint and setting the gametype in world settings to said gametype. The real issue is what you get that gametype to do ... So it depends on what you want to make really. Betrayal is quite good as an example since it doesn't change much of the core gameplay from DM, but has a lot of extra stuff on top to manage ( it also happens to be one of my favourite gametypes )

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by NATO_chrisjm View Post
    I've been looking into that a bit. That side isn't very clear cut. For example how to control the end of rounds, I was considering a betrayal build, which is quite complex.
    Ive been ducking in and out of the BPs over the last couple of months trying to figure this out and ive still got no where lol.

I might have to start pesterting the devs to post a very basic starting point or something

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Gleedo View Post
    Do you know how to start making a new game mode in BP that is based on TDM?
    I've been looking into that a bit. That side isn't very clear cut. For example how to control the end of rounds, I was considering a betrayal build, which is quite complex.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is amazing, thanks so much. Going to put this to use this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by NATO_chrisjm View Post
    Thanks all, glad you like it. Also thanks to Flak for the stream shout out.

Do people have any other tutorials they'd like done?
    Thanks for the tutorial, really cool and interesting

Do you know how to start making a new game mode in BP that is based on TDM?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks all, glad you like it. Also thanks to Flak for the stream shout out.

Do people have any other tutorials they'd like done?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nice work NATO.
    This has evolved a lot from the last time we chatted.
    Since the main functions of the map I'm working on are different a lot of my BPs function differently, but in general some of these are similar to what I have and I can use some of them.
    Hopefully the flag state events are added soon so the system can be simpler and you can avoid using the server ticks.
    Nice work again.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X