Clear All

Basic Lighting question of room with low ceiling

4x Point lights :
    Click image for larger version

Name:	pQc8R6Q.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	175.0 KB
ID:	354895
    Problems : Overlapping of light areas and light doesn't reach out to the corners of the room

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jwgg9OZ.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	174.6 KB
ID:	354896
    1x point light :
    Problems : Light doesn't reach out to the corners of the room, this can be resolved by cranking up the intensity or attenuation but then it will make the highlighted areas over exposed with light.

What can be done about it?
    Attached Files

Depending on what you're really trying to achieve, either one may work.

For the first situation, you can set the lights (or some of them) to static instead of stationary (you don't need them to be stationary unless you have a reason to). Then you can play with values for the intensity and radius.

For the second situation (If I'm assuming you want to simulate a fill light), you can play with the "Use Inverse Square Falloff" flag.

In either case, you really will still need to play with the radius, intensity and so on to get the look you're looking for.
    MyArtstation
    @jayoplus

Comment

in this case I would have 1 light as in your 2nd picture. and then clone light slightly off in the same spot. in the property's set the brightness at 3000. and un check cast shadows. ans set it to static.
      this allows you to still have good shadows and the room will be lit well also. will need to adjust brightness according to room size. I do this often threw out some maps where I have trouble with lighting..
      Last edited by platnumspider; 11-25-2014, 06:48 PM.
      AKA TwocensT

Comment

Working...
      X