Capabilities of CTF with UE4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capabilities of CTF with UE4

I dont know if you guys has seen this one yet, saw it this morning on twitter, retweeted and just saw that Tim Sweeney himself commented on it.

@TimSweeneyEpic 7h7 hours ago @Soverance @utgame That is gorgeous, and a great idea for a level theme!

It's a video of a CTF map called 'Elemental'. Build up in a older looking build with assets with the UE4 engine demo presentation of 2012? I'm not quite sure how this will work out
    with all these scripted events eventually but it looks stunning and pretty cool if i must stay. Perhaps some good inspiration for the map builders among us.

Check it out, CTF-Elemental by @ScottMcCutchen, founder of a game company called Soverance Studios.

*This could also be posted under Art/Environment

Last edited by Mcjansen; 12-21-2014, 07:36 PM.
    | Designer | Copywriter | Writer | Editor | Soundtrack lover | Known as 7eVeN^ since UT'99!
    Follow me at Twitter @Mcjansen

looks like it's only about making a pretty map with effects. I don't see however how this affects the gameplay, so it's a bit dull imo.

Would be fun to be able to control when the meteorites are falling from the sky, or have the guardian actually try to fight you when you attempt to pick up the flag. That would be nicer.
    RASTE IN PEACE !
    Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
    Weapon: Redeemer

Comment

Being chased by a daemon lord when you get his flag, might be fun as a extra challenge to add? ;-)
      | Designer | Copywriter | Writer | Editor | Soundtrack lover | Known as 7eVeN^ since UT'99!

Comment

This simply has to be in game after map will be finished. Looks amazing.

Comment

Nice find! I've got another thread about this level going on in the Work in Progress forum.

https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...-CTF-Elemental

I've got a good bit of stuff planned, and hope to have a playable version sometime very soon. Yes, I'd love to have some actual interaction with those Elementals, and plan to have at least a bit of this going forward (trigger cutscene yourself, spawn meteors yourself, etc). Unfortunately, I think I'll be limited by animation, as I'm not entirely sure how to re-rig and create custom anims for those skeletal meshes. Maybe I'll try looking into it.

Comment

Great to hear man! Would love to see something like that come alive and look for more possible scenario's in the near future, I got you followed on twitter!
            Last edited by Mcjansen; 12-22-2014, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X