UT99 map units compared to UT4 units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT99 map units compared to UT4 units

How do UT99 map units scale compared to UT4 units?

For example, in one of my UT99 maps I have a boxy room with dimensions 1536 (6 x 256) x 1024 (4 x 256). If I wanted to replicate that in the UT4 editor, would I simply make a box with those same dimensions? Is there a rule of thumb for approximating how much one UT99 unit is in terms of UT4 units?
    UT4 CTF Maps: CTF-Whiplash | CTF-Sidewinder | CTF-Highpoint | CTF-Hardcore | CTF-Tubes-Of-Spam

UT99 CTF Maps: CTF-DagnysBigAssMap-V2 | CTF-Dagnys-P****WhIpPeD | CTF-Dagnys-Dark-Delight-LE102 | CTF-Dagnys-Tubes-Of-Spam

try it out and see for yourself play around it might be the same

Comment

I believe 1uu = 1 inch is now 1uu=1cm. But don't quote me on that, off the record!
      HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
      BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

On IRC someone said the conversion factor is UT99 units x 2.46 = UT4 units.
        UT4 CTF Maps: CTF-Whiplash | CTF-Sidewinder | CTF-Highpoint | CTF-Hardcore | CTF-Tubes-Of-Spam

UT99 CTF Maps: CTF-DagnysBigAssMap-V2 | CTF-Dagnys-P****WhIpPeD | CTF-Dagnys-Dark-Delight-LE102 | CTF-Dagnys-Tubes-Of-Spam

Comment

That's fairly close to get the same feel in UT4 vs. UT.
          HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
          BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Working...
          X