Real-Time Geometry updating in Editor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real-Time Geometry updating in Editor?

Hello guys, it's my first time making a map in the Unreal Tournament version of UE4. I've been using UE4 for about a year now, and I like how in the engine, the edits you make to geometry in most cases will update in real-time. This doesn't seem to be the case in the UT editor. Is there a way to enable this feature in the editor? Or is it restricted for some reason?

Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
    You can enable "Update BSP Automatically" which also re-builds the related geometry if you delete the brush.
    Edit > Editor preferences > Level Editor > Miscellaneous > Update BSP Automatically
    Should work exactly like UE4 if you change that.
    ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
    ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

Thank you, I will try that!

Comment

I've noticed that the update BSP and Paths slow down my computer and workflow.
        Portfolio / DM-Morpheus / CTF-Coret

Comment

Originally posted by ~SPECTRE~ View Post
          I've noticed that the update BSP and Paths slow down my computer and workflow.
          Something I personally find handy, especially for larger levels that cause the automatic BSP update to slow down your workflow a bit, is to bind a key (in my case I use B) to Build geometry in the key bindings options. That way I can just do some changes, hit the B key to update it, then keep editing!

Comment

Working...
          X