Meshing and Units Quick Questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meshing and Units Quick Questions.

How do you load in the mesh set used to make outpost 23? Or is there something I need to download...

Also as your aware they moved away from the 256 grid. What would be the approximate U4 equivalent of 256... 400? Seems like its 400. Thanks!

Maby 500 is a good base unit....

Comment

Id also like to know this, when I do a search for "Mesh" all I get is around 10-12 thing that have no collision on them so you cant use them. same with textures, all i can find is just Dev textures
      Ciaran "Venguard" O Kelly
      Maps U2K4 : AS-Protocore ///AS-Krystalis Station ------ Maps TF2 : CTF-Daylight /// CP-2Shack
      Maps UT4 : DM-FractalCore /// DM-Q3DM17

Comment

The assets that we used in Outpost23 should be available soon (sometime next week hopefully). There's some clean up left to be done to make sure everybody can use them properly, but they are coming

As for general dimensions - I've been using 500 as the new 256 (250 as the new 128 etc), which allows for easy to parse increments as it matches up with the world grid nicely and makes it easier to keep your layouts clean and readable in the orthographic viewports. DM-ASDF or DM-Temple are good examples to look at in that regard.

Comment

Originally posted by Clawfist View Post
          The assets that we used in Outpost23 should be available soon (sometime next week hopefully). There's some clean up left to be done to make sure everybody can use them properly, but they are coming
          That's great news, now if it came with a small tutorial on ... not texturing... but painting or w/e you call it meshes, properly too that'd be fantastic!

Originally posted by Clawfist View Post
          As for general dimensions - I've been using 500 as the new 256 (250 as the new 128 etc), which allows for easy to parse increments as it matches up with the world grid nicely and makes it easier to keep your layouts clean and readable in the orthographic viewports. DM-ASDF or DM-Temple are good examples to look at in that regard.
          So basically you've settled on exactly double the scale rounded to 10s to fit the new grid. I came to the same conclusion after messing around with resizing an old 2k4 map of mine. That's what works best for me too, I'm glad to hear that's what you use since your name is on nearly all of my favourite stock UT4 maps.

Also an editor use question, is there a way to "select all" surfaces matching texture or brush? All I seem to be able to do right now is select all actors containing a texture, but not the actual surfaces with the texture on it.
          Last edited by MoxNix; 03-08-2015, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X