Modifying game actors (PowerupBase)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modifying game actors (PowerupBase)

How restricted are we when modifying assets like the weapon or power up base actors? Are the changes to these saved in the map, or will it crash when someone else opens the pak? I ask because PowerupBase does not have a Point Light that is triggered on/off like Udamage or the health pickup. For visibility purposes I'd like to add a light and the code to the blueprint.

I tried doing this previously but got some weird behavior in the editor so I reverted to my last save and didn't pursue it further. I'm just not clear on what we can change within the map file, and what falls under mutator territory.

And this light may very well be added in a future build but I'm still curious. Thanks
    DM-Nine | CTF-HolyOak

The best way to modify something like that is to duplicate it and save it somewhere separately. This way you can package it with your map without encountering problems
    :|

Comment

Hmm yeah you're right that makes the most sense. It may cause problems between now and release since these things are in flux during the alpha but I can always duplicate it again if it changes. Thanks!
      DM-Nine | CTF-HolyOak

Comment

Working...
      X