[TUTORIAL] How to add an elevator to your map

Step 1:

Goto Content\RestrictedAssets\Blueprints\Lift

Step 2:

Drag it into your map

Step 3:

Adjust these values

Done!
    Last edited by Jay22; 03-15-2015, 06:08 PM.

I tried so hard make a BSP Brush work as a elevator using BluePrints, and the solution is so easy lol
    Thanks very much. Now i can work im my own map project and remake all classic maps from UT99
    .:KmK:.Raizen

Please, watch this:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHdce_3wgcs
    CTF-Extorcion-CE (Visual Beta) https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...cion_CE-Remake (Pak available)
    CTF-Ranel WIP https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...F-Ranel-Remake

Comment

Reserved. (10 chars)

Comment

Hi, the restrictedassets folder isn't in my content browser. has it been removed in later UE builds??

Comment

Originally posted by Square View Post
          Hi, the restrictedassets folder isn't in my content browser. has it been removed in later UE builds??

Are you using this?

Comment

Originally posted by Square View Post
            You need any UT editor. The Unreal Engine editor doesn't work. Switch to the Unreal Tournament tab in the Launcher.
            ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
            ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

Seems silly to start a new thread for this...can anyone provide instructions on how to change the materials on the lift, but only for an individual map? I want to do lifts on a CTF map with team colored highlights in each base. I was able to do this by editing the mesh. But when I go to save and close, it wants to save the changes to /Game/RestrictedAssets/Blueprints/Lift/Meshes/SM_GenericLift. It seems like if I do that, anytime I want to use that blueprint it is going to have the new red or blue color applied to it. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by mirror_saw View Post
                Seems silly to start a new thread for this...can anyone provide instructions on how to change the materials on the lift, but only for an individual map? I want to do lifts on a CTF map with team colored highlights in each base. I was able to do this by editing the mesh. But when I go to save and close, it wants to save the changes to /Game/RestrictedAssets/Blueprints/Lift/Meshes/SM_GenericLift. It seems like if I do that, anytime I want to use that blueprint it is going to have the new red or blue color applied to it. Thanks!
                Can't you just make a copy of the blueprint and then edit the copy?

Comment

Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
                  Can't you just make a copy of the blueprint and then edit the copy?
                  Yup, more or less. I made two copies within content browser of the Generic Lift static mesh, then edited each one to use different materials. Then I made two copes of the lift blueprint, and replaced the mesh with the new modified static meshes in the construction script. BAM! I have pretty blue and red elevators now. I don't know if there was an easier way, but it didn't take long and got me exactly the result I wanted

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X