Lighting Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lighting Help

I keep getting this issue when I try to add lights, where if one light's attenuation radius is even remotely close to another light's source, it'll tell me that there is an overlap issue and that the light won't generate lighting properly (I get the big red 'X' symbol over top of the light's symbol in-editor). However, when i look at the maps that come with the UT4 editor, they have plenty of overlapped lights without this issue. Is there something I am doing wrong? How can I fix this? It's really messing with the lighting on my maps, because I try not to get lights close enough to each other to let that happen, so everything turns out quite dark...
    My maps: DM-Incomplete | DM-Archives | DM-Foundry | DM-Sewage

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but that only occurs when you have more than 4 overlapping attenuation radii of lights. I suspect you are overlapping more than you think.
    PayBack

Comment

https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Lighti...er_my_light.3F

Comment

It seems to happen with only 2 lights for me... I'll check again though...

Comment

Change the light type to "Static" to solve this problem. Strategically make certain lights dynamic or Stationary if you expect them to move during gameplay.
          DM-Nine | CTF-HolyOak

Comment

Originally posted by tidu View Post
            Change the light type to "Static" to solve this problem. Strategically make certain lights dynamic or Stationary if you expect them to move during gameplay.
            Thanks! That seems to have helped a lot!

Comment

Working...
            X