Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Substractive Brush creates surfaces

Hey Guys,

i try to create a map for Unreal Tournament. I have a litte but at the same time very ugly problem.
    I try to "cut" a circle (Brush with many corners) into a semicircle with a substractive brush (Picture One). When i hit build geometry that ugly thing in picture 2 appears. Rebuild does not work. Also starting new map does not work.

Thx for any help
    Attached Files

Yea the BSP still creates a lot of weird issues. My suggestion would be trying to split the mesh and delete the other faces. See if that fixes it. So that way you just have one additive brush in a half circle instead of a subtractive brush.

Comment

bsp gets funky if you mess too much with cylinders, or any complex bsp brush for that matter. Try editing the brush, deleting verts, then moving it flush with the other brush and rebuild the geometry. You could also try making a cylinder with fewer sides. then turning it back into an oval. Either way most cylinders with lots of sides would be best as created in a 3D program and imported, not sure if you can still turn bsp into static mesh. But if you want the side of that oval flat, go to geometry editing mode, select all the verts on the brush you dont want, and hit delete, it will flatten the end like you want

Bah_Mee

Comment

im sick of that....started to create static mesh in a 3d program now ^^

Comment

Working...
        X