Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NavMesh -- Can't Build or Save Level

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    So I was having this problem for about an hour and beating my head against the wall. I found the solution though.

    There's these two other Nav related things you can find in your World Outliner if you're having these issues. I can't remember their exact names because I deleted them, but it's "Nav Recast yada yada" something like that and another one. The important thing to note is neither of the two is a NavMeshBoundsVolume. I'm thinking it's some kind of leftover data from a previous path build or some random bug. All I know is that as soon as I deleted them all of my problems went away.

    This was my specific process:

    1) Drag and drop in a NavMeshBoundsVolume (keeping it at 200x200x200 would build and didn't crash).
    2) Built paths
    3) Deleted the NavMeshBoundsVolume
    4) Built paths
    5) Searched World Outliner for anything containing "Nav"
    6) Deleted everything that popped up in the World Outliner
    7) Added my fancy new NavMeshBoundsVolume
    8) Built paths
    9) Hit "Play"
    10) Shot bots in the face

    I hope this helps anyone else that's experiencing this problem.

    -Trevor

    Comment


      #32
      ok yesterday I was a happy camper and having no problems with this and today moving along so to cook an online alpha test map with bot support added NavMeshBounds vol and getting crashes !

      I even started a new map... laid down a BSP floor added 4 spawns and dropped in a navmeshboundsvol and hit build and crashed editor so I know its not my previous map I thought had something wrong with!?


      Any suggestions or Ideas?


      this all it gives;

      MachineId: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

      You do not have any debugging symbols required to display the callstack for this crash.


      http://aggressivewarriors.com -=- {AW}'s Community Map Test Server -=-

      Comment


        #33
        Just for giggles, add a total of 8 player starts and try again. This worked for me before.


        W.I.P.s
        DM-Containers

        Comment


          #34
          Originally posted by BigAl3D View Post
          Just for giggles, add a total of 8 player starts and try again. This worked for me before.
          yep, just tried it and same results!

          I even did the "Verify" next to the Launch drop down arrow and it did move and backed up some files but still getting the crashes!


          http://aggressivewarriors.com -=- {AW}'s Community Map Test Server -=-

          Comment


            #35
            Ok I just tried this on my wife's computer and her editor has never been used/open before and did a quick test and got same results! .... editor crashes after dropping in the NavMeshBoundsVolume then hit the "Build" tab!

            Would be nice to get feedback/confirmation of this problem from the powers to be if this is/was a know bug again!

            ... was counting on testing out a couple more maps this weekend with my clan/friends!


            http://aggressivewarriors.com -=- {AW}'s Community Map Test Server -=-

            Comment


              #36
              Just found a fix/work around for this problem/issue on the NavMeshBoundsVolume!

              ... just copy a NavMeshBoundsVolume from a working map you have and go back and paste it in the map with the issue/problem!


              Hope this helps other ppl


              http://aggressivewarriors.com -=- {AW}'s Community Map Test Server -=-

              Comment


                #37
                Originally posted by Laambo View Post
                Just found a fix/work around for this problem/issue on the NavMeshBoundsVolume!

                ... just copy a NavMeshBoundsVolume from a working map you have and go back and paste it in the map with the issue/problem!


                Hope this helps other ppl
                As of today this does not work now and now I can't build a current level with the NavMeshBoundsVolume already there! ...trying to make changes and fix issues I found after playing online with 2 maps!


                .... Hope we get an Update soon! hint hint


                http://aggressivewarriors.com -=- {AW}'s Community Map Test Server -=-

                Comment


                  #38
                  I was having this problem last week when trying to take unreal engine tutorial maps and port them to UT4. I am just guessing, but there is two other nav actors that show up (i.e. AbstractNavData and UTRecastNavMesh) and these are created after the NavMeshBoundsVolume is introduced and built. The nav data is probably getting corrupted. If you delete these on the existing map and rebuild the geometry and then add a new NavMeshBoundsVolume, should work. I've personally found that not changing the size of the NavVolume and just dropping it on a playing service creates all the bot paths correctly.

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Originally posted by buad View Post
                    I was having this problem last week when trying to take unreal engine tutorial maps and port them to UT4. I am just guessing, but there is two other nav actors that show up (i.e. AbstractNavData and UTRecastNavMesh) and these are created after the NavMeshBoundsVolume is introduced and built. The nav data is probably getting corrupted. If you delete these on the existing map and rebuild the geometry and then add a new NavMeshBoundsVolume, should work. I've personally found that not changing the size of the NavVolume and just dropping it on a playing service creates all the bot paths correctly.
                    yeah, nothing works! ... like I mentioned above, I even have the same problem with my wife's copy and that is a fresh new (virgin) copy of the editor and it does the same thing!???

                    ... the only thing that we have in common would be our external ip!

                    makes no sense!?

                    It looks that my only hope is the next patch/build will fix my problem but that seems to be taking forever! .... especially when you have been having this issue for over 2 wks now!


                    http://aggressivewarriors.com -=- {AW}'s Community Map Test Server -=-

                    Comment


                      #40
                      1. Open the World Outliner panel, search on "Nav" and delete all 3 things that come up.
                      2. Build and save your map.
                      3. Add a new box brush, size it to cover all navigable areas of your map and convert to navmeshbounds volume.

                      Then you should be able to rebuild and save with a good navmesh again. Works for me everytime so far anyhow.

                      Note, may or may not matter but I always do a full rebuild in step 2 and I use the details panel brush shape XYZ settings (not the scale settings) to size the new box brush in step 3.
                      Last edited by MoxNix; 04-30-2015, 10:56 AM.

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Originally posted by MoxNix View Post
                        1. Open the World Outliner panel, search on "Nav" and delete all 3 things that come up.
                        2. Build and save your map.
                        3. Add a new box brush, size it to cover all navigable areas of your map and convert to navmeshbounds volume.

                        Then you should be able to rebuild and save with a good navmesh again. Works for me everytime so far anyhow.

                        Note, may or may not matter but I always do a full rebuild in step 2 and I use the details panel brush shape XYZ settings (not the scale settings) to size the new box brush in step 3.
                        yeah, tried all that and none of that was working my only hope was for the patch/update and now all good!


                        But....now when you go to Save your map/progress the "navigation needs to be rebuilt" pops up! ... and to make it worse now snapping to grid is not working!? ... this happen to everyone else or only me again! lol


                        http://aggressivewarriors.com -=- {AW}'s Community Map Test Server -=-

                        Comment


                          #42
                          I have the same problems. I tried everything in this thread as well. I've had crashes before with navigation but the problem went away for some reason. Now it's back and I have no idea what the cause is.
                          Level Designer

                          Will of the Gods | Portfolio

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X