Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    FYI incase anyone ever reads this, I got more help on IRC:

Easiest way to edit controls is to do cmdlet showmenu while playtesting in the editor. The changes will save and stick.

My other questions:

1. No.

2. This is by design that in the 3D port, only the bounding box moves, you still have to rebuild geometry when using nudge, even when auto-rebuild is on. Only moving something with the mouse auto-updates.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thx I totally missed that it was a separate menu... I think my next Q's are noob so I'll just ask here:

1. Does the editor offer any kind of ruler axes to work with/place objects with? I only have experience using one editor and I'd constantly manipulate ruler axes to help line things up, find the center of objects, and especially PLACE objects.. think lights for example. It seems like from everything I've observed people just throw objects into the perspective viewport haphazardly and then manipulate it on the perspective viewport which seems odd to me.

2. With auto rebuild geometry on, nudge doesn't seem to work right. All the viewports don't reflect the change and the geometry rebuild isn't triggered. I'm finding this very cumbersome to working with my level.

Overall, I'm just having precision issues. It feels like other than moving objects through the use of copy/paste that things will be a pain to situate in the right spots.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Edit -> Project settings

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Playtest Controls

Playtest Controls

How can you make your controls in the playtest identical to UT4? Is there somewhere I can set it up permanently? So far all I see is that you can use console commands to do it which will be very painful to figure out, use, re-setup constantly.
Working...
X