How to extract map from .pak file?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to extract map from .pak file?

Please help me, I needed to delete all unreal tournament files (own map included) from the computer, but I kept the .pak file.

How can I extract a map from the .pak file?

Needed to delete your own work???

Comment

I had to format the entire pc.

Fortunately I can download my map from this forum, but I need a tip to extracts single files from .pak for I am not so practiced with editor options.

Really thanks if you can help me.

Comment

The map is cooked, you can no longer open it in an editor.

Comment

So bad news.

Thank you anyway, so that work was a complete loss of time

Comment

A situation like this makes me think that one should upload their .umap files to Dropbox, or the like, along with the .pak files on a regular basis.
            And then share what you like.

Sorry to hear about your troubles Sgob.
            Portfolio / DM-Morpheus / CTF-Coret

Comment

Originally posted by raxxy View Post
              Heh. So much for derivative works-maps -- that's when some other mapper takes a guy's map and modifies, which happened often for various reasons in UT99. For example, one of my maps was converted into a Fighter Jets map, and I had no idea until I stumbled across it on a server one day.
              UT4 CTF Maps: CTF-Whiplash | CTF-Sidewinder | CTF-Highpoint | CTF-Hardcore | CTF-Tubes-Of-Spam

UT99 CTF Maps: CTF-DagnysBigAssMap-V2 | CTF-Dagnys-P****WhIpPeD | CTF-Dagnys-Dark-Delight-LE102 | CTF-Dagnys-Tubes-Of-Spam

Comment

Thanks for your answers!

This will not stop me, I will do better maps in the future (and I will periodically save my work in another part).

Comment

Originally posted by Sgob View Post
                  This will not stop me, I will do better maps in the future
                  Sure!
                  The good thing: if you redo the map(s) you lost - you will probably made them better!

Comment

Originally posted by WHIPperSNAPper View Post
                    Heh. So much for derivative works-maps -- that's when some other mapper takes a guy's map and modifies, which happened often for various reasons in UT99. For example, one of my maps was converted into a Fighter Jets map, and I had no idea until I stumbled across it on a server one day.
                    That happened to me in UT2K4, on a random server one day and ohh look someone converted my CTF map into a VCTF map.
                    PayBack

Comment

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.......unless they really F'ed it up.

Comment

Haha I am sorry but i will not made a remake of a remake, I am so tired! I will change project completely, soon I will post a new map.

Comment

what is the best way for prevent loss of project, materials etc? Is possible "install" the UE4 on dropbox?
                          .:KmK:.Raizen

Please, watch this:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHdce_3wgcs
                          CTF-Extorcion-CE (Visual Beta) https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...cion_CE-Remake (Pak available)
                          CTF-Ranel WIP https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...F-Ranel-Remake

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianUT View Post
                            what is the best way for prevent loss of project...
                            1. Backuping files manually (copying to another place);
                            2. By using GIT in conjunction with a github;
                            3. Both 1 and 2

Comment

Make a shortcut to your .umap and .pak files on your desktop or something.
                              And then drag and drop them into Dropbox whenever you see fit.

Comment

Working...
                              X