Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

April 1st Build - Custom maps will not show in game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

April 1st Build - Custom maps will not show in game.

Due to a build bug custom maps won't show up your create game window. However you can still access them by starting any game and using the console (`) to swap to a map using the open command followed by your map name. E.g. to open 'DM-Test' you'd type 'open DM-Test' and press enter. The console should show you what maps it can see as you type however.

HI thx for the specification.
    i can't open the console for unknow reason... i havn't the (`) key. but i think it's like (\) or (|) key. (near the number 1). btw the console don't show up. i have pressed the all keys on my keyboard lol
    Last edited by penpen86; 04-01-2015, 03:39 PM.

Comment

You can change the keybind in the settings, would that work?
      Stacey Conley
      -----------------------------
      Unreal Tournament Community Manager
      Epic Games, Inc.
      Twitter | Twitch | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Pinterest

Comment

The exact key may depend on your keyboard layout, but also make sure you are in a map and not on the main menu. You can only open the console from within a map.

Comment

Originally posted by NATO_chrisjm View Post
          The exact key may depend on your keyboard layout, but also make sure you are in a map and not on the main menu. You can only open the console from within a map.
          i have tried also before in game but the (\) key don't work. but after some attempts i found another way... press "T" on game,open the chat and delete the default "say" thing. then write open etc etc..

my next problem now that the map won't load and the screen turn all black but that's is another problem for another topic

Comment

Originally posted by Flak View Post
            You can change the keybind in the settings, would that work?
            don't work... :/

Comment

It what way? What exactly is happening?
              Stacey Conley
              -----------------------------
              Unreal Tournament Community Manager
              Epic Games, Inc.
              Twitter | Twitch | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Pinterest

Comment

with a bit more time a bit of patient i have changed the layout of my keyboard.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	test1.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	335603
                and just for test now the key (\) is changed on (`) work perfectly on the menu and in game, the console have no problem now. (need to adverts for fix that bug!)

2 question: my map don't show on the preview when i press "open"
                Click image for larger version

Name:	test.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	215.8 KB
ID:	335604
                it should be on the preview if is correct located on the correct folder or also if not, if i write the name DM-xxxx should be start in the same way??
                coz when i write "open DM-xxx" the screen turn back, the countdown start like the game are going on but nothing happen.... :/

edit: location of the map: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UnrealTournamentEditor\UnrealTournament\Content\RestrictedAssets\Maps\WIP
                correct? maybe is the wrong folder for the custom maps?
                Last edited by penpen86; 04-02-2015, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NATO_chrisjm View Post
                  Due to a build bug custom maps won't show up your create game window. However you can still access them by starting any game and using the console (`) to swap to a map using the open command followed by your map name. E.g. to open 'DM-Test' you'd type 'open DM-Test' and press enter. The console should show you what maps it can see as you type however.
                  Are you referring to all custom maps or just maps you have DL while playing online? I didn't have any maps in the Paks folder before I installed the April 1st build, but I installed a couple of maps after and I can see them in my create game window.

When I DL a map from a server, does it get cached and then deleted after so long? and if so is there a way I can move it so it stays permanently.
                  YouTube Channel

Comment

Please flak, check this thread. Some people have same problem! I posted this also in last summer as a problem nothing has been changed or done yet. On every other unreal games console opens without problem, I've personally checked it cause I got steam bundle, even "Toxikk" that uses UDK, console works without problems!

https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...onsole-Problem

Comment

Originally posted by Kronos[X] View Post
                      Are you referring to all custom maps or just maps you have DL while playing online? I didn't have any maps in the Paks folder before I installed the April 1st build, but I installed a couple of maps after and I can see them in my create game window.

When I DL a map from a server, does it get cached and then deleted after so long? and if so is there a way I can move it so it stays permanently.
                      Yes I would also like to know the extent of this issue. I have found no issues so far.

All .pak files added to the stated location within the UT install DIR appear as expected in the UT maps menu. I have not tested maps that download from joining a server, either now, or before the latest update.

As a side note to any mappers out there, I never knew this until recently, but the default save location of a packaged map is My Documents/Unreal Tournament/Saved/Paks/MyContent/name.pak ... I always copied the pak from here to the content directory of the actual UT install, its not required, the game will see and use the pak from the My Document location as well.

Comment

I can access maps in MyContent (ones I pak'ed myself) but not ones in Downloads (mostly put there by me after downloading from links here). Most of the maps in Downloads have been there a while and could be accessed before the April Fool's patch.

Comment

This issue is occurring for me as well. I am unable to see my Pak`ed custom maps from the UT editor either if its in my UT editor pak folder or even my actual "UnrealTournamentDev" (game folder) in UnrealTournament/Content/Paks ,
                          ____________________________________________________________________
                          UT Forums Username: UTSkaarj
                          UT Game Username: Khaos Demon

"Try Turning the safety off!"

Comment

Working...
                          X