Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to the Learning Level Design Forum!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[OFFICIAL] Welcome to the Learning Level Design Forum!

This subforum exists as a repository of learning material related to Level Design. This includes questions, hints, tips and tricks and full tutorials. If you have a question, ask it in here!

Thanks!

Cool thanx!

Edit: Can some one make a tutorial how to made secret doors? UT specific.

Thanx in advance.
    Last edited by code187; 04-02-2015, 08:05 PM.
    Join the community Facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

Originally posted by code187 View Post
      Cool thanx!

Edit: Can some one make a tutorial how to made secret doors? UT specific.

Thanx in advance.
      You should look at this thread: https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...rint-Cook-Book

It doesn't focus on what you are asking, but if you look at the blue print, it does exactly what you want... a door mover. All you need to do is replace the event from overlap to something more inline with receive any damage, I don't know the exact terminology off the top of my head.

Comment

yeah ive looked but i dont have the patience to play with it for hours when if someone knows they can just show me exactly what i need.

I watched this clip which helped me make the lifts work on phobos but not sure with the door.

Last edited by code187; 04-03-2015, 08:38 AM.
        Join the community Facebook page
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

Greetings! I'm a total noob in relations with unreal engine 4, but my question is - how can I make a simple map for UT4?

I watched this and did just the same, so I have a small map now, but I want to import it to UT4 and play a single match, but I have no idea how to do this. Thanks.
          Last edited by Met4lgear; 07-05-2015, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Hey I'm not sure whether this is worth making another thread or not, but I've got a watervolume in my latest map and I was wondering how to texture it like the levels in the game already, such as CTF-Lance, cause mine's just invisible.... :/
            "Hey babe, are you set to godlike?"
            "No, why."
            "Cause your more attractive than a bot using the Link Gun's secondary"

Comment

Volumes are not textured directly. Instead, they are surrounded with non-solid bruhses (which currently don't seem to work) or SM planes with custom scale and material. Or custom mesh altogether.
              Besides, you can just open CTF-Lance in the editor and look how it's done for yourself.

Comment

Quick question, I only remember vCTF-Sandstorm being a sort of 'U-shaped' CTF map. Were there any other CTF/vCTF/ONS/WAR maps that are U-shaped from UT99 onwards that were really played/loved?

I've got an idea for a U-shaped CTF map, but was hoping for some extra ideas on how to set things up (I like maps with context)

Thanks all!

Comment

Working...
                X