Help with Level Design Tutorial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Level Design Tutorial

Hello, I am new to the UT 2014 community but i have been playing this series for a long time and I'm hoping to have some fun making maps. Right now I'm having a problem though. I'm following the tutorial and I cannot find the \

levelTutorialMap - Thats described in this tutorial.

https://learn.unrealtournament.com/t...map01-gameplay

I downloaded the editor and game from the launcher. I just do not seem the have the RestrictedAssets files that the tutorial is telling me to use. Is there some kind of package I need to install with this data on it or am I missing something? It sucks I have to stop and ask for help right as I was getting started .

Thanks for any help this is really frustrating at the moment.

I just wanted to update the post and mention that I have been working in the editor for almost 2 hours now and it is really fun and easy to work with. I really look forward to getting to know it alot better and trying to re create some of my favorite maps from the past.

I did just want to note that for me, following the quick start guide for level design right out of the launcher I had no problems, but if you use the link I originally posted, which comes up if you hit the MOD UT tab, I think those directions might be out of date.. It tells you to access restricted assets and a level tutorial map but I have not been able to find those files... Oh wel
    Last edited by T3hcancer; 04-10-2015, 10:43 AM. Reason: rawr

Comment

Did you open the Editor from the Launcher?
      I noticed that if you open the editor from the Epic Games\UnrealTournamentEditor\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor.exe you'll probably don't see the RestrictedAssets folder.
      Instead, if you open the C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UnrealTournamentEditor\UnrealTournament\UnrealTournament.uproject you'll see that.
      I don't know what happens from the launcher because I have a slow internet connection.

Comment

Working...
      X