Custom Events Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Events Problem

After finding out that I need to redo all my triggers/events to work with online play Iv started to make custom events like this video here

https://youtu.be/htdI2dh-aek?t=1529

my problem is I am not able to call up the custom events, they don't show up as they do in the video

eg.
    What I get

What am I doing wrong??
    Ciaran "Venguard" O Kelly
    Maps U2K4 : AS-Protocore ///AS-Krystalis Station ------ Maps TF2 : CTF-Daylight /// CP-2Shack
    Maps UT4 : DM-FractalCore /// DM-Q3DM17

Well I managed to get a work around fix
    every time I need to make a custom event I need to shut the editor down, open it back up and create it, save it, this only works once, I need to repeat this every time I want to make another one.
    Maps U2K4 : AS-Protocore ///AS-Krystalis Station ------ Maps TF2 : CTF-Daylight /// CP-2Shack

Comment

Originally posted by Venguard View Post
      After finding out that I need to redo all my triggers/events to work with online play ............................................
      .............................................................................
      Exactly why I'm offering up the {AW}'s Community Map Test Server ! I learned this back in 2k3 when I first started messing around with the editor and it has been no different with 2k4, UT3 and now UT4!

Just hit me up anytime on my thread posted above or in my sig If you want to confirm or test anything your adding to your map/level and I'll be more than happy to add it to rotation!

... and under certain circumstances I would give you Rcon PW if you need to restart you map for intensive testing!

http://aggressivewarriors.com -=- {AW}'s Community Map Test Server -=-

Comment

Just as a quick tip: If you need to test to make sure something is replicating properly, you can run the game in editor with two clients (one will always automatically be the server and the other will be a client - albeit a fake client) There is an option in the server options section of the play-in-editor settings.

I haven't really run into the issue you posted with the custom events, though. However, I usually always search for events and functions by first dragging off a wire from an already placed node (though I don't think that should make a difference). Are you using the Git compiled editor or the one that comes with the Epic Games Launcher?
        MyArtstation
        @jayoplus

Comment

Built in editor
          When I set the editor to play as a server /client by setting player count to two it instantly crash the editor,

Comment

Originally posted by Venguard View Post
            Built in editor
            When I set the editor to play as a server /client by setting player count to two it instantly crash the editor,
            I had the same problem! ... and why do bots not have a weapon when playing in the editor?

... also, if you publish a map without the NavMeshBoundsVolume to test something online....same, they just stand there facing a wall with no weapons! ...come on they should at least know if there is a presence of another player within a radius they should react! ....of course give them the gun! lol

http://aggressivewarriors.com -=- {AW}'s Community Map Test Server -=-

Comment

My mind has melted from trying to figure out how to set events.
              Win 10
              iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
              3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
              32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
              NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

Maps:
              DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
              2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

Comment

Originally posted by effects69 View Post
                My mind has melted from trying to figure out how to set events.
                yeah I had to get 4 switches, a timed laser and a kill box to match the last person to touch one of 4 switches to work :/

but them videos are really helpfull

Comment

Working...
                X