a few maping questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a few maping questions

ive been remaking ut99 maps for my clan for a couple of weeks, nothing special, just a few small arena ctf type maps, but im getting to the harder part of the list now, in which i could use some help figuring out how to add a few things:

* False wall. What looks like a wall but u can run threw
    * Water texture. I figured out how to add the water, but cant get it to texture the surface, if its the same as 99 im fairly certain my first point will answer this second, or close to it
    * portals
    * lifts/elevators (altho i havent checked them out yet, i think ive found a post or 2 that will help me with this)
    * bot paths. Or so their called in 99, to make the bots move and respond (altho i havent checked them out yet, i think ive found a post or 2 that will help me with this)

any links or any info u can give would be great
    Last edited by EvolutionZero; 04-29-2015, 06:18 PM.

1: I don't know about this, sorry. EDIT - Brushes have a solidity option, try setting to semi solid or non-solid.
    2: It looks like epic are creating placeholder meshes for water. So far I've just copied them from their levels as a time saver.
    3: Again, copy the teleporter from Deck.
    4: On the place tab in the search bar, type generic lift. Or copy them from an Epic level.
    5: No more apples it seems. Just encompass the whole area you want bots to navigate in one giant NavMeshVolume, then build paths. I don't really know how to optimize the bots movement through your level, apart from that you can add NavLinkProxy's which can tell a bot where they can jump or translocate to/from.
    Last edited by TotesAmaze; 05-01-2015, 11:34 AM.
    UT4: CTF-Defiance, CTF-Melt.
    Epic - This video made me smile: http://www.gamespot.com/videos/the-p.../2300-6418948/
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle

Comment

with the false wall try using the glass pain mesh and change the texture to your wall texture (or material ) and set its collision to "no collision"!

http://aggressivewarriors.com -=- {AW}'s Community Map Test Server -=-

Comment

Sweet, thx for the help

Comment

Working...
        X