Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you edit a BSP into a shape in one level and open it as a BSP into another level?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    cheers mate i'll try that... it's a shame you cant create a custom BSP and then save it to your BSP objects menu on the left so it is there permanently like a set of stairs or box or whatever

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You can just keep the information in the clipboard. Open the 1st level, select what you wand and copy then open the 2nd level and paste. As long as you don't copy anything else in the meantime it'll work

Leave a comment:

• replied
    thanks mate. But how do i get two levels open at the same time in editor to copy/paste between? Cant figure it out, new/open level always closes the current one. It looks liker multiple levels should be able to exist in tabs tho.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    More or less anything in UE can be copy pasted. You can even paste things into txt files and save them for later if you really want.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    yes I do it all the time. rt click on bsp/edit/copy
    and then rt click /edit/paste where ever you want ... from map to map. then rebuild gem....or lighting. I use this in my custom lighting settings so I don't have hrs getting it set just right.

Leave a comment:

• Can you edit a BSP into a shape in one level and open it as a BSP into another level?

In UT4 editor - As the question says: Can you edit a BSP into a certain shape in one map/level, save it somehow as a BSP, and then open that BSP into another map/level?

copy & paste a BSP between levels is another way of putting it. Possible?
Working...
X